chapter 3

"Can't wait to get home." Patch smiled.

"It'll be good," Lucky smiled back. "So, how're those cat and mouse friends of yours?"

"Just the usual chasing, but we had cookies after." Patch said.

"You are so lucky." Lucky joked.

"No, that's you." Patch joked back. "I believe they call you that because of your good fortune."

"Those two really do get along, don't they?" Drell smirked.

"Yeah, they're like father and son..." Atticus smiled proudly.

"Just like you and me figuratively speaking of course." Drell said.

"Oh, um, yeah, I guess I never thought about that before." Atticus chuckled sheepishly.

Drell smirked down to him. "I shall name my firstborn son after you if I should ever have one."

"That sounds so sweet of you." Atticus smiled.

"Hey, I have the body of a boulder and a heart of a marshmallow, but don't tell anyone on the Witches Council that." Drell chuckled.

"You got it." Atticus smirked before playfully punching him on the shoulder.

"I'm gonna assume that's how you display affection..." Drell glanced down to Atticus.

"Yep." Atticus nodded.

"Good to know." Drell said before rubbing his shoulder out of pain.

Atticus chuckled to that lightly. Drell rolled his eyes, but smiled back to the boy.

"So, how have you been doing with your weights?" Drell asked.

"Oh, I gotta show you..." Atticus said.

"Good, cuz I wanna see..." Drell smirked.

"Oh, trust me, you'll be impressed." Patch smiled.

"I love being impressed..." Drell bounced his hair with a lustful smile. "That's why I married Hilda."

"Cool." Patch smiled.

"Yeah, I've gotten stronger since Camp Little Moose." Atticus said.

"Yeah, from what I've seen.." Drell said.

Dot rushed over and hugged the male border collie. "Hiya, Lucky!"

"Hey, Squirt." Lucky smiled.

"You being a good girl?" Atticus asked his little cousin.

"Always." Dot smiled up to him.

"Great." Atticus smiled.

Dot smiled back.

A while later, they all arrived back at the Fudo house where Atticus would show Drell how much stronger he's become. Emily was in Patrick's lap as they were watching a movie together about alien invasions.

"Hey, Mom, hey, Dad, Drell and I are going to be in my room." Atticus told them.

"Okay, I'll call the mortician for your funeral." Patrick said as he stroked his wife's golden hair.

"I'll still be alive, Dad." Atticus said.

"If you say so..." Patrick said. "It was nice knowing my one and only son."

"Will you stop that?" Emily grunted to her husband.

"Okay, okay." Patrick said, trying to not get on his wife's bad side.

Emily lightly hummed and fell back asleep.

Patrick smiled as he continued to stroke her hair. "You're more and more beautiful every day... Must be your mermaid bloodlines."