chapter 6

Darla came downstairs wearing a gray sweater that had a smiling rocket ship on it. "Well, how do I look?" she asked before striking a pose. "Am I space camp material or am I space camp material?"

"Hey, isn't that Jessica's old sweater?" Cherry asked.

"Um, maybe." Darla said.

"I didn't think you'd be a Space Camp fan, but if you're happy, I'm happy," Attius smiled back. "Patch said that Robyn's going."

"I don't really know Robyn well myself, but Jessica said that Amber would be there..." Darla said. "Hopefully Annabelle and Anne-Marie will be there too."

"Who knows? Maybe." Atticus shrugged.

Darla shrugged herself. "I dunno, I have enough old friends, I don't think I need a new one."

"Now, Darla, I expect you to be nice when you meet someone new." Atticus then warned.

"Aw, Atticus..." Darla pouted about the idea of making new friends when she already had some of her own.

"Darla, it's alright to make new friends." Atticus said.

"Well... Okay..." Darla shrugged.

"Thank you." Atticus smiled.

"I'll try..." Darla shrugged.

"That's all I ask." Atticus smiled.

Darla smiled back.

"Now just try to make friends with Robyn." Atticus said.

"Okay..." Darla shrugged as she stretched the sweater slightly to get comfortable in it. "Does this sweater make me look fat?" she then asked. "It's so fluffy."

"No, it doesn't." Atticus said.

"Well, okay, if you say..." Darla shrugged as she got adjusted and comfortable.

"Thank you." Atticus smiled.

"I just hope you all have fun." Patch said.

"You guys ever go to space?" Darla asked Atticus and Patch.

"We've never gone into outer space before." Atticus said.

"I've always wanted to though," Patch said. "I once wanted to find a Planet of the Dogs, where dogs go to school, there's fire hydrants everywhere, and all the bones you can get your paws on."

"Dogs are weird..." Maisy mumbled to herself.

"I heard that." Patch said.

"Well, you are." Maisy smirked.

"At times." Patch shrugged.

"Some of you eat vomit..." Maisy said before cringing.

"No, thank you." Patch smiled.

"Ugh..." Maisy stuck her tongue out. "Anyway, I'm heading out... And, um, just going out..." she then wandered off.

"Where you going?" Atticus asked.

"Just making a solo trip to visit that cat Patch is friends with, Thomas, I believe was his name." Maisy replied.

"Ooh, do you like him?" Patch teased.

"What?!" Maisy's eyes widened. "N-No, we're just gonna share a salmon together and talk about... Cat Stuff!"

"Uh-huh, sure." Patch smirked, acting like an older brother teasing her.

"Stop it," Maisy hissed, "I got ten claws and I'm not afraid to use them."

"Okay, okay, calm down, I'll stop." Patch said.

"You better..." Maisy narrowed her eyes, then went out the door and was on her way to the Starling house to go visit Tom.

"Have a good visit." Patch smiled.

"Thanks." Maisy replied as she was on her way.

"Aw, love." Darla sighed.

"The love bug is a powerful thing." Patch agreed as he then thought of Colette.

"Now if we could just find someone for Cherry." Darla then said.

"I think I already know who will be perfect." Atticus said.

"Oh?" Darla asked.

"Nope, not telling." Atticus said.

"I'm your little sister..." Darla smiled cutely and batted her eyelashes.

"Oh, fine." Atticus playfully pouted.

"So tell me..." Darla smirked.

"Okay, the one that's the one for Cherry is either Teller or Forte." Atticus whispered to her.

"Aren't they both a little too old for her...?" Darla scrunched up slightly.

"Love can come in any age." Atticus said.

"I guess..." Darla shrugged.

"Besides, isn't Urchin a couple of years older than you?" Patch asked.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Darla suddenly proclaimed.

"Uh-huh, sure." Patch smirked.

Darla pouted and folded her arms with a light growl. "If Max were here, he wouldn't let me take this..." she then looked curious once she thought of her former 'only friend'. "Max... I wonder whatever happened to him...?"

"I think he floated away on one of your big balloons at your movie." Atticus said.

"I thought maybe he ran away from me..." Darla shrugged. "I don't wanna be mean, I know he took care of me, but I didn't like him too much... After I got over my fear of him, I treated him more like a servant than family... I was just trying to tell myself that no one could hurt me."

"Well, wherever he is; I'm sure he's enjoying his time on the balloon." Patch said.

Darla shrugged. "Oh, well, people move on..."

Atticus gently patted her on the head.

"Yes, yes, they do." Patch nodded.

"You think I'll meet Kim Possible?" Darla asked. "I know her dad's in charge of the program, but..."

"Who knows, Darla?" Atticus shrugged. "Anything's possible."

"For a Possible." Patch added in.

This made Atticus and Darla chuckle that he quoted the Possible family motto. Soon enough, it was time for dinner and then time for bed.