Ch. 2 - Breaking The News

< Chapter 2: Breaking The News >

< 3 months earlier >

♥ Jamie’s POV: ♥

When I woke up the next morning, Justin was holding Jason in his arms and they both looked out the window into the morning sunshine. I watched quietly, noticing how focused Justin was, his thoughts probably elsewhere as he continued to stare at merely nothing. Jason then cooed at his father, purring playfully. Justin snapped out of his muse and looked at his son, his lips in a thin line as his deep thinking resumed.

“Good morning,” I said groggily, slowly climbing out of bed. Startled, Justin turned to look at me quickly, tightening his grip on Lil J.

“Jesus, Jamie,” he muttered teasingly. I smiled warmly at him, walking over to where he was standing and making a hand gesture to let him know I wanted to hold Jason now. He immediately caught on to what I wanted and handed him over carefully.

“It isn’t so fun when you’re the one getting scared all the time, is it?” I giggled, securing my arms around Jason.

Justin shook his head, a smile playing about his lips. I kissed the top of Jason’s head and looked up at my fiancé.

“Can I ask you something?” I spoke quietly, resting Jason’s head on my shoulder.

Justin’s eyebrows furrowed together as slight confusion and curiosity spread across his features. “Of course,” he shrugged, as if not understanding why I would even ask such a question.

“Yesterday before bed you seemed a little dazed…” I trailed off, attentively watching his eyes. “I asked you if you were okay and you told me you were just tired.”

He didn’t say anything, and each second passed by slowly as he stalled time. “So?” he finally asked.

“Here’s the thing…” I paused. “I didn’t believe you.”

Justin sighed, his eyes glancing at Jason for a second before looking back at me.

“You want to tell me what’s wrong?” I prompted, then waited for an answer.

“It’s not me,” he murmured. “I’m completely fine, it’s just…”

“—Just what?”

He stuffed his hands into the pocket of his pants and gazed at the floor. “I was with Ryan yesterday, he—…. He told me that Allison and him had sex on their date the other night and that it wasn’t the first time they’d done that.”

I internally took a long sigh of relief, relaxing myself because all this time, I thought something was bothering Justin, not that he was worried about someone else.