Ch. 1 - You Don't Like It?

< Chapter 1: You Don’t Like It? >

< 3 months earlier >

♥ Justin’s POV: ♥

“What else did Jamie say to buy?” I asked, placing a gallon of juice inside the cart. Ryan stopped and looked at the various selections of ice cream before glancing at me and pulling out a small, folded piece of paper from his jean pockets. Unfolding it gracefully, he scanned the page quickly and met my gaze once more.

“More milk,” he answered. I nodded and grabbed the front of the shopping cart.

“It’s right here,” I said. He looked over at me and smiled.

“Then we’re pretty much done. Just help me pick out an ice cream flavor.”

“An ice cream flavor?” I chuckled, getting the gallon of milk and resting it inside the shopping cart.

“Yeah, we better do it fast too. We need to be home by the time school’s over for everyone in town. If we don’t, we’ll get mobbed outside.”

“Good point,” I bit my lip and strolled over behind him, scanning the ice cream flavors through the glass. “So how was dinner with Allison last night?”

Ryan turned his head and looked at me in confusion before rolling his eyes. “Do I have to answer that?”

“I’m afraid so,” I smirked. I watched his face blush a particular shade of red and, knowing Ryan for all these years, I knew exactly what that meant.

“It went great,” he smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.

“Yeah?” I asked. “Did you do anything after dinner or did she just go home straight afterwards?”

“We began to watch a movie,” he shrugged.

Began? As in… You two never finished it?” I was leaning so close to him that my chest was touching his back, our heads right next to each other as his cheeks blushed redder. “Just say it, Ryan. I’m your best friend, it’s okay.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he simply replied.

I lowered my voice to a whisper. “Yes you do, Ryan,” I said his name slowly, stalling time for him.

“Fine!” he sighed, leaning away and turning to face me. “We did it, okay?”

“You two had sex?” I grinned, crossing my arms.

“How’d you know?” he narrowed his eyes at me.