Ch. 19 - Not Lying

< Chapter 19: Not Lying >

♥ Jamie's POV: ♥

—know how it... —ope she's ... —hink we should... —idea, what if... —orry him...

There were voices muffling all around me. My head felt stiff. Where am I? I want to go home.

"Ow.." I let out a soft breath, slowly opening my eyes. The voices abruptly stopped.

"Are you feeling okay?" Ryan was in front of me, his eyes looked a bit tired and he wore a worried expression.

"Wha—Where am I?" I rubbed my eyes and looked back at Ry, who gave me a forced smile.

"You're in the hospital," his voice was raspy. "It's like five in the morning."

I gave him a look of confusion. The hospital? No way..

Then I remembered. The ice rink. Hitting my head.

Which reminds me... It feels like someone's hitting my head repeatedly with a hammer.

"Ow.." I said again with a sigh.

"Your head hurts, doesn't it?" a new voice said. I looked up to see Phoebe wearing the same forced smile as Ryan was. "The doctor said you have a concussion but you should be fine once you rest up. He just wants to rerun some tests and you'll be out of here."

I bit my lip and looked down at my hands. "Why do I have to ruin everything?"

"You didn't ruin anything, Jamie," Hanna's voice filled the air. "We were talking about it. I accidentally crashed into you when we were going fast at the rink. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you. I should've gotten hurt instead."

Hanna looked really upset. It didn't look like she'd been crying or anything, but she definitely seemed like she meant her apology.

"It's not your fault," I managed to say with a shaky voice. The pounding inside my head just won't stop.

"Yes it is."

"No it's not," I assured her. "You didn't mean to do it so it's okay, really."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course," I smiled at her.

Megan did some more explaining before she claimed that everyone was tired from waiting to see if I was alright or not, and that they want to go out and try to find something to eat.

"You guys should just go home," I said. "You've been here long enough."

"No way," Chaz shook his head. "We're not leaving you here."

"Yeah, we'll be right back. It won't take us long," Phoebe added.

I sighed. "I know I can't convince you guys, so okay. You all should get some sleep though."

"Don't worry," Ryan brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "If you need us, call us."

"Thanks," I nodded tiredly.

"I have to go to the bathroom so I'll meet you guys downstairs, okay?" Hanna said as the crew started to leave.

Chaz looked at her. "You okay? Want me to wait?"

"No, it's fine."

Everyone then left, and it was just the two of us now. Hanna slowly turned to me, wiping her left eye from what I thought was a tear.