Ch. 23 - Truth

< Chapter 23: Truth >

♥ Jamie's POV: ♥

I woke up with a hangover and the memories of last night barely within my reach. I couldn't remember a single thing that happened... except for that thing.

I hugged myself for warmth, sitting up from the chair I must've fallen sleep on. There was a couple asleep on the floor about four feet away from me and I slowly stood up, wondering where Nathan could've been. He's either asleep somewhere else or has long gone fled the party. All I knew was that I didn't know anyone and they were all asleep somewhere in this huge house, just waiting to wake up and feel a pounding headache. I stood up and walked past a mirror before pausing and retracing my steps. Stepping in front of the mirror, I shuddered at my appearance—my hair was all messed up and my clothes were disheveled. I was a total mess. I tried combing down my hair with my fingers the best I could before leaving the basement. After a while, I managed to find my jacket sprawled across one of the couches in the living room and I quickly wrapped it on my body and exited the house.

Digging inside my pockets, I realized I didn't have money on me and I let out a small groan, taking out my phone and dialing a number.

It rang for a few seconds before the call went through.

"What's up, Jamie?" Ryan's voice entered my ear.

"Ryan," my voice was groggy. "Can you do me a huge favor?"

"Whoa, you sound tired," he commented. "What happened?"

"I'll, umm.. I'll explain later," I bit my lip. "Can you please give me a ride home?"

"Why, where are you?"

I gave him the address to the best of my ability since I'm never around here much.

"Hey, I'm on my way home from a camping trip but I'll be there as soon as I can, okay?" he said.

"Thank you so much, Ry."

"No problem," he said soothingly. "I'll let you know when I'm almost there."

We hung up soon after that. I stuffed my hands inside my pockets and began walking mindlessly, my heart pounding as loud as my head.

Why would Justin cheat on me? Again?...

I ran a hand down my face, closing my eyes in an attempt to calm down. He was kissing another girl in those photos. Another girl.

I sucked in a deep breath. Could it have been the same girl that picked up the phone when I called him? Or are they completely different people? I can't help but wonder if he's been playing around with different women.

But I'm not one to talk. The only thing I remember about last night was messing around with Nathan. Something that's bothering me more now than ever. He kissed me that one time, and then I got carried away last night.

Is it safe to say Justin's only been kissing other girls? Is it wrong to believe he wouldn't mess around with them in bed? 'Cause I know I wouldn't take it that far with Nathan. In fact, I have to stop seeing him starting now. I can't let myself keep repeating the same mistakes again and again.

What if Justin's just not feeling this relationship anymore?

What if.. he doesn't want to be with me the way he said he did?

I went inside a nearby Starbucks to escape the chilly air and I sat by the window, deciding to wait for Ryan there.

Is this not going to work between Justin and I?