Ch. 8 - What Stays Between Guys

< Chapter 8: What Stays Between Guys >

♥ Ryan’s POV: ♥ 

The minute we all got out of the car, I felt my stomach churning. I looked over at Justin, who was fixing his shirt before noticing me and smiling in my direction.

“You ready?” he asked me, playfully punching my shoulder. I didn’t respond. Justin’s eyes sparkled in concern and he frowned. “Ryan—”

“—Don’t,” I interrupted, raising a hand up. “I’m fine.”

The thought of Allison was still there, somewhere in my head. I couldn’t help but to think of her. There hasn’t been a single second since she left that I didn’t long for hearing her heartbeat against mine once again. To say I miss her is the biggest understatement of my life.

I charged forwards, each step I took creating a thud against the floor as I approached the club entrance. I then heard the footsteps of the rest of the boys following behind me. Once we were all inside, the smell of alcohol filled my nostrils and I got a sudden urge to just do whatever the fuck I want for once.

I got straight to the point.

“Give me a beer,” I told the bartender, and he simply nodded his head and told me to wait a few seconds.

“Whoa there, tiger,” I felt a hand on my left shoulder. Turning around, I saw Justin smirking at me. “Let’s not go too overboard.”

“I’m not,” I scoffed. “I just want to have fun.”

“You don’t need to be drunk to have fun,” Noah added, showing up on my right. “You can just dance to the music and maybe make some friends along the way.”

“I don’t need more friends, I need Allison,” I scoffed.

Justin and Noah looked at each other before they both sighed at the same time.

“No bro, you need to forget Allison,” Justin smiled at me sadly. The bartender then set the beer down on the counter and I paid him quickly before snatching the bottle and opening the cap.

“Where the fuck is Chaz?” I asked, in an attempt to ignore him. I pressed the tip of the bottle to my lips and swallowing three gulps.

Justin let out a chuckle before nodding towards the dance floor. I followed his gaze until I spotted Chaz already dancing with some girl, a huge smile on his face.

“Well I’m glad he can have more fun than me right now,” I mumbled, taking in more sips of the alcohol in front of me.

“Go out there and dance,” Noah nudged my shoulder, “What are you even waiting for?”