Ch. 15 - Guilty Conscience

< Chapter 15: Guilty Conscience >

♥ Justin’s POV: ♥ 

I arrived at the address Megan sent me fairly quickly. I took the elevator to the fifth floor, just like the email said, and knocked at the door to the apartment she said she lives in. I stood there patiently and, soon enough, the door opened and I was face to face with a woman I’ve never seen before, though she looked around my age.

“Um, I’m looking for a Megan Colleen. She’s a school friend of mine and she said to meet her here real quick?” I explained myself.

Her gaze never left my eyes as she nodded. “Oh you’re a friend of Megan’s? Cool, come in,” she gave me the friendliest smile and stepped aside to give me room to walk in.

“Thanks,” I smiled back, walking in as she shut the door behind me. I took a seat on the couch and leaned back. “Where is she, anyway?”

“She mentioned she invited a friend real quick and then she ran outside to the store to get snacks. I didn’t think you’d actually show up so fast,” she laughed.

“Oops,” I chuckled, “Well that sounds like Megan, running all around the place for food.”

We both laughed at my joke and then she pointed towards the kitchen. “Do you want a drink while we wait? She really won’t take long.”

“Yeah sure. Anything’s fine,” I agreed.

“Alright, be right back.”

The woman left to the kitchen and I stared at the show I assumed she was watching before I got here. I sighed and leaned back before feeling my phone vibrate. I pulled it out of my pocket to see Jamie had texted me.

From: Jamie

Message:

Don’t forget me.

I smiled to myself as I read Jamie’s famous line every time I left for tour. If she doesn’t say it, she messages it. Gotta love my girl.

To: Jamie

Message:

Never baby, I love u too much for that.

I sent the text and, before I knew it, the woman was back with 2 glasses of what seemed like lemonade.

“Thanks,” I said, as she handed me one. “What’s your name, anyway?”

“Oh, I’m Leah,” she answered, taking a sip from her lemonade. “I’ve been rooming with Megan here for quite some time now.”