Ch. 7 - Gone

< Chapter 7: Gone >

♥ Jamie’s POV: ♥ 

Since Justin had another concert at the same arena as yesterday, we agreed to spend all day together just so that I wouldn’t miss him as much when he leaves again. We were currently cuddled up on the couch and watching t.v when, suddenly, the sound of Jason’s cries emerged through the hallway. My maternity instincts kicked in, and I bolted upright. Justin’s grip on my arm tightened, as if he didn’t want me to leave.

“I have to go get him, Justin,” I turned to him, gazing into his deep brown eyes.

“Bring him here,” he half-smiled, caressing my arm with his thumb. “I want to see my son.”

I returned the smile and kissed his cheek. “I’ll be right back.”

I got off the couch and headed towards Jason’s separate room. When I opened the door, the sound of his cries were louder but once I leaned up against the crib and he saw me, he began to quiet down.

“HI baby,” I cooed, reaching my arms towards him and picking him up. I covered his face with kisses and cuddled him in my arms. “You’re getting so big,” I whispered, my heart warming up. He’s almost four months. Four months. That may not be a lot to most people, but giving birth to him feels like it was just yesterday. How has it almost been four months already?

When I walked out into the living room again, I spotted Justin leaning on the back of the couch, waiting for me to come back with Jason.

“Little J!” he cheered, laughing to himself as I walked over to the couch and sat down right next to him. Jason stared at his father, wondering if he was crazy and Justin looked into my eyes. “Gimme him,” he held his hands out, his fingers clawing excitedly at the air. I let out a small giggle and carefully handed our son to him. Justin kissed Jason’s cheek and slightly tickled him. He admired how much his own son resembled him before he relaxed on the couch, scooting closer to me so that our shoulders were touching. “How many children do you want?” he asked, catching me off guard for a sec.

I bit my lip, continuing to look at Jason while he happily kicked the air. “Umm…” I pondered, “I don’t know.”

“Oh babe, you give me the number and I’ll give them all to you. How many?” he nudged my shoulder.

“I definitely don’t want just one,” I chuckled, smiling a bit. “I mean… I love Jason so much that it makes me want another kid, you know?”

“A girl would be nice,” Justin hummed happily. “Daddy’s little girl. I’d spoil her rotten, I swear to you, she’ll be able to get whatever her little heart desires.” He paused, turning to look at me. “Just like you.”

My heart skipped a beat. “You love girls, don’t you?” I joked, laughing loudly.

“I just want a daughter,” he pouted, shaking his head at how hard I was laughing. “Maybe in the future.”