Ch. 14 - Leaving

< Chapter 14: Leaving >

♥ Ryan's POV: ♥

"You said you wanted to talk?" Noah asked as he sat down on my bed and I closed the door. I turned around to look at him, butterflies in my stomach. I was nervous, to say the least.

"Yeah, uh... It's kind of important," I said urgently, walking over towards the bed and sitting next to him.

"Well, no offense but... Wouldn't you have man-to-man talks with Justin or something?" he smirked, crossing his legs.

"I guess, but the only problem here is that I'm not ready to tell him this yet," I confessed. "In fact, it took me a lot of courage to decide to even tell anyone and you're the only one I can trust with this information."

Noah furrowed his eyebrows. "Now I'm curious," he bit his lip. "What happened? What's going on?"

"Umm, so... Remember when we went clubbing so I could try to forget Allison?" I began, my stomach in knots. Noah nodded slowly. "Well, I did something I really, really, really regret."

"What'd you do?" he asked.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone. Specially Justin," I bit down on my lip even harder.

"I promise," he nodded again.

"You sure?"

"Positive."

I sighed. "I don't know how... Or... Or why, but... I kissed, umm... I ended up kissing Selena," I admitted quietly. Noah's eyes nearly bolted out of their sockets and he did a double take.

"Wait... What? How did Selena even end up in there?!"

"That's what I don't understand!" I formed a fist in frustration. "I was so drunk, I didn't even know what was going on! All I could think about was Allison and how heartbroken I was and... I know what I did was wrong-very wrong-but I wasn't thinking, I-"

"Hey," he interrupted me. "It's okay. I understand."

"Y-You do?" I gulped slowly.

"Yeah, I mean it's not like you meant to kiss her. You would never do that to your best friend while sober," he assured me, "It was just a terrible mistake. I won't tell anyone what you did, but.. I expect you to try to figure out how to admit it to the people it affects the most... Like Justin."

I groaned. "Do you think he'll be mad at me?"

Noah shrugged. "I don't know, I mean... Selena's his ex who only kinda pushed Jamie down a flight of stairs and almost caused a miscarriage, you know."

I shot him a glare.

"Stop using sarcasm, it doesn't help," I mumbled.

He grinned slightly. "Sorry."

We sat in silence and I suddenly got an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. The more I thought about what happened... The more I thought about the fact that I actually kissed Selena... First of all, am I that terrible of a friend? And second of all, eww why would I do that to myself?

Before I could say anything else, Noah's phone beeped and he looked down at it, scanning the screen before looking up at me.

"Listen," he sighed, "I don't know what the future has for any of us, alright? Justin may be mad for a second, then forgive you. Maybe he'll be mad for a day, or a week, or months and months. Maybe he won't get mad at all. I don't know. But, Ryan, you really shouldn't hide this from him. You guys should all be honest with each other, do you understand?"