Ch. 4 - Breaking Hearts

< Chapter 4: Breaking Hearts >

♥ Ryan’s POV: ♥

“You’re not leaving me,” I spoke sternly, making sure Allison understood every single word that came out of my mouth.

But she only sighed, running a hand through her beautiful hair before looking up at me. “Ryan, we’ve already discussed this…”

“I know, I know, your father has a great opportunity. But… Instead of me rarely seeing you, why can’t they realize it’s time to let you go and you come live with me?”

Allison smiled, a shy demeanor overcoming her. “Y-You’d really want me to move in with you?”

I swallowed. “I was–I was thinking about buying my own place. I’ll have more freedom to do what I want and live how I want but… None of that would be special if I wasn’t sharing it with someone else, so… Come live with me? You’ll love it. I’ll make breakfast every morning for you if I have to and you’ll be the queen of the house.”

Blushing, she hugged her legs and looked up at me. “That sounds amazing… I’d really like that.”

My heart lifted and my spirits rose, excitement rushing throughout my body. “So, whaddaya say? Call up your dad and let’s do some convincing!”

“I don’t think you understand.”

My heart sank. “What?”

“Most of my mother’s side of the family moved to Florida too—which is why my mom also agrees so deeply with the whole moving idea. Some of my dad’s side, however, is also planning on moving there so I don’t have a choice. They might learn to let me go, but they certainly are not leaving me in a different country. It’s a different concept to say I moved in with my boyfriend in Atlanta or something, because Georgia is neighboring Florida, but it’s another thing to say I moved in with my boyfriend back in Canada, a country all the way up north to the one they’re moving to.”

My breathing was uneven, my heart shattering within every second that passed by. “Please… Just ask them. It’s worth a try. I’m not going to sit here and do nothing because, in the future, I want us to be able to say that we at least tried. So… Please?... For me?”

Allison sighed, reaching her hand out to grab mine and pulling me forwards her, causing me to tumble down to the seat next to her on the couch. She slowly climbed on top of me and pecked my lips. “No matter what happens, I want you to know that you’re the first and only man I’ve ever truly, definitely loved—even enough to take a bullet for.”

A small smile spread across my lips. “If you ever tried to take a bullet for me, I’ll just end up pushing you over so that it hits me instead because, guess what? I’d take a bullet for you too.”

She blushed, hiding her face at the crook of my neck, “I love you.”