Chapter 9: Mother's pancakes

Hannah woke up to the smell of Pancakes. "Mm, something smells good." She walked downstairs and looked into the kitchen to see Rosemary making blueberry pancakes. Hannah smiled and said, "Wow Rosemary I never thought you could cook."

Rosemary smiled. "Thank you. I made this for you. Do you like it?" She handed Hannah the plate of pancakes. Hannah said, "Thanks you, sweetie I love it!" Rosemary smiled and fixed herself a little plate. She sat next to Hannah and began to eat.

All of a sudden, Amanda came down stairs yawning. Rosemary stopped eating and glared at Amanda. Amanda did not notice her and looked at Hannah. "Oh my goodness you made blueberry pancakes! Those are my favorite!"

Hannah smiled. "Oh yeah Rosemary made them." She glanced at her neck. "What happened to your neck?" Amanda looked at the mirror in the kitchen. She saw a red mark around her neck. She touched it and flinched.

Amanda looked at Rosemary who was staring back hard. "Oh I don't know. Where's the blueberry pancakes?" Rosemary made a sad face. "Oh I'm so sorry I forgot to make you some."

Amanda frowned and said, "Oh it's ok Rosemary." Hannah looked at Amanda and said, "Here Amanda you can have mine, I could only eat one." Amanda smiled. "Thanks, Han." Hannah got out of the chair and said, "No problem, I'm going to pick up." She walked out of the kitchen.

Amanda began to eat the pancakes. "Those were for Mother!" Amanda looked up to see Rosemary glaring at her. Amanda asked, "Excuse me?"

Rosemary stood up. "Those were for mother, and you took them from her." Amanda looked at her, "Whose Mother? And I didn't take them, Hannah gave them to me."

Rosemary picked up the kettle full of hot syrup. She looked at Amanda. "You took them and now you must be punished."

Amanda frowned. "What are you." All of sudden the hot syrup was poured on Amanda's lap. Amanda screamed but Rosemary frowned. "You will not be her favorite, sister."

Amanda began to cry from the hotness of the hot syrup on her leg. Rosemary took her hands off and set the kettle next to Amanda. She sat back down in her seat and once she did, Hannah walked in. She looked at Amanda and gasped.

"Oh, my gosh Amanda what happened?" Amanda could barely talk because of her crying. "She was reaching for the syrup and she didn't have a good grip and it fell." Rosemary said looking at Amanda while she said, "Isn't that right Amanda?"

Amanda was terrified of Rosemary so all she did was nod. Hannah looked at Amanda. "Here I got you some ointment for you neck lets go in the bathroom so I can get you cleaned up." Amanda nodded and got up and followed Hannah to the bathroom.

Rosemary looked at her half eaten pancake and stabbed in with a knife. She huffed.

"I will be Mother's favorite, sister and you will not be in my way."

************
Hey guys,

Yes, I know it's pretty short but that's why I update 3 times a week! Haha alright thank you guys so much we are almost close to 1,000 reads!!!! So be sure to share this with literally anyone!

Sorry for any errors! I will try to correct them when I get back in Texas!

Question of the day: Who is your favorite Wattpad Author?

;) hopefully it's a special someone like meeeeeee

ByE

~Dai'Sha