Chapter 8: Don't Breathe

Amanda looked at her awkwardly and asked, "What do you mean 'Don't Breathe." Rosemary smiled and replied, "It's just a game where you hold your breath, silly." Amanda smiled, "Oh so like a just hold your breath." Rosemary nodded, "Yeah so do you want to play?"

Amanda smiled and shrugged, "Why not." Rosemary smiled, "Ok follow me." Amanda followed her to the kitchen. Rosemary pointed to the chair. "Sit in the chair." Amanda did as she told. Rosemary smiled. "Ok now relax and close your eyes."

Amanda inhaled and exhaled. She started to feel relaxed. Rosemary smiled and said, "Now don't open them or else the game cannot begin." Amanda frowned her eyebrows. What does she mean 'the game cannot begin?'

Amanda just forgot about and closed her eyes tighter. Rosemary spoke. "Ok now don't open your eyes the game is about to start." Amanda put her hands on the arms of the chairs. Amanda did not knowing what was going to happen.

She heard the sound of a plastic bag. Were her ears deceiving her? She opened her eyes to see a bag over her head. Her eyes widen as she was gasping for air but every time she gasps for air, the bag got smaller and smaller.

She looked through the clear plastic bag to see Rosemary sitting there. Rosemary smirked as she watched Amanda struggling. She tightened the bag, causing Amanda to struggle more.

Knock Knock knock

Rosemary sighed and let the bag go. By the time she took the bag off her head, Amanda had fainted from the loss of oxygen. Rosemary threw the bag away and skipped to the door. She opened it to reveal Hannah with groceries in her hands.

Hannah smiled. "Hey." She walked inside and into the kitchen. Rosemary shut the door and followed her. She smiled as she saw Amanda asleep and said, "Aw look at Amanda, and she's asleep."

Rosemary smiled. "Yup. After we got done playing hide and go seek, she got tired and went to sleep." Hannah smiled. "Aww she did say you guys were going to get along." Rosemary smiled and brushed some hair out of Amanda's face. "Yeah she is my sister."

Hannah looked at her confused, "What?" Rosemary looked at her and smiled and said, "She is my sister. Don't you think so?"

Hannah thought about it and guessed it was a bond between Rosemary and Amanda. She smiled. "Yup she will be your sister for 2 weeks."

Rosemary smiled. "I knew you would say so." Amanda began to wake up. She looked at Hannah. Rosemary got up quickly.

"Hannah! Wait what happened one minute I was playing Don't." Rosemary stopped her. "What are you talking about? We were playing Hide and go seek."

Amanda looked at her and said, "What no we were playing another game I think." Rosemary shook her head. "No that's not what happened. It is my fault! When we were playing Hide and go Seek I was hiding behind the sofa and you slipped and fell on the ice I spilled when I was trying to get something to drink."

Hannah hugged her and said, "Oh sweetie it's not your fault. Amanda should have looked where she was going." Amanda stopped rubbing her head and said, "Hey!"

Ding Dong

The father clock began to ring. They all looked at it. It said 10:30 p.m. Rosemary yawned and said, "Well it's past my bedtime let me show you to your rooms." Hannah and Amanda grabbed their bags and followed Rosemary to the guest rooms.

Rosemary went to the hallway and stopped. Rosemary pointed to one room. "This is where you sleep." She said to Hannah. She pointed to the other across from it. "And this is where you sleep, Amanda." She pointed to the last door and said, "That's the attic so DON'T go in there. It's off limits. I will be down the hall if you need me."

Rosemary skipped to her room leaving Hannah and Amanda by themselves. Hannah smiled. "You guys seem to be bonding."

Amanda looked at her and whispered so only Hannah could hear her, "Han, I think something happened I don't think I fell. I think she hurt me."

Hannah scrunched up her nose, "What are you talking about? Listen to yourself, Amanda. I think you watched too many horror movies." Hannah walked into her room and shut the door.

Amanda rubbed her head. Maybe she was paranoid. She walked to her room and changed into her pajamas. She laid on the bed and went to sleep.

In the middle of the night, something peered from Amanda's bed. It was Rosemary staring down at Amanda's sleeping figure.
She whispered softly,

"You shouldn't have cheated, sister."

************

Hey guys,

Hoped you liked it. If you did please be sure to vote. Sorry for any errors. Thank you guys for 600 reads! Absolutely amazing! I'm back in Arkansas but I knew I couldn't leave you guys hanging. :)

Question of the day: What is your favorite cartoon/anime show?

ByE

~Dai'Sha