Chapter 1: Another day another zero dollars

(The picture at the top is Hannah)

"Hannah, wake your sorry self-up! It's time to get up!" Hannah looked at her mother who was banging on a silver pot with a wooden spoon. Hannah groaned and tried to cover her head with her pillow. "5 more minutes mom." Her mother sighed, took out one of her hair rollers, and threw the roller at Hannah.

One of them hit Hannah in the back. She groaned and said, "Ok ok I'm up." She got out of the bed and stood up. Her mother smiled, "Breakfast is downstairs honey." Hannah just rolled her eyes and went downstairs.

Hannah sat at the dinner table and looked at the bowl full of Sprinkles Spangles. Hannah was lactose intolerant so there was no milk with it or in it. Hannah ate some of the cereal as her mother sat down with her.

She handed Hannah the newspaper and said, "Since you're 17 and all, you can start working." Hannah gave her a blank look and gave her the newspaper back.

Her mother frowned. "Oh, Hannah come on you need a job! I can't pay all the bills by myself." Hannah shrugged. "You have done it for 17 years why not go to 100?"

Her mother slammed her hand on the desk. "Listen here, I don't want to hear your smart little mouth. You are going to get a job and you're going to do it NOW or else I'll call Aunt Lenni and tell her she has a new pig cleaner."

Hannah stopped eating her cereal and smiled, "Well let's see what kind of jobs they have."

***********************

Hannah spent two whole hours looking everywhere on the paper for a perfect job but she could not find one. All she saw was mowing lawns and washing cars. 

She did not want a job where she had to work in the sun. She looked around the kitchen making sure her mother was not there and decided just to go back upstairs and forget about getting a job.

She closed her door and went to her desk. She got on her Windows 95 computer. She went on the internet hoping to find a job but she was out of luck there was nothing. She grabbed her pink Motorola StarTAC phone and dialed her best friend, Amanda. "Hello?" Amanda said through the phone.

Hannah could hear kids yelling in the background and she knew Amanda did not have any sisters or brothers. "Hey, Amanda is that you? I can't hear you because of those children in the background."

Amanda spoke through the phone. "Oh yeah, I'm sorry about that. They are just a bit rowdy when it's close to night time."

Hannah smiled and laughed, "Well that must seem like fun." Amanda groaned and said, "Yeah right gag me with a spoon. I hate babysitting, but the money is totally worth it." Hannah stopped laughing and asked, "Wait how much they pay you?"

Amanda giggled at Hannah's curiosity. "Like 200 beans per kid, and that's because the family is super rich." Hannah smirked and thought, '200 dollars for babysitting a kid... I can do that.'

Hannah said through the phone, "Hey Manda, I have to go because I have a business to start." Amanda laughed and said, "Ok girl bye."

Hannah closed her phone and went to her closet. She put on a red, dark blue, and white striped top and light denim high waist shorts with white shoes. She put her hair in a high ponytail and put on light makeup. She looked in the mirror and headed downstairs.

As she ran downstairs, her mother was sipping on some tea and said, "Honey we ran out of milk; can you go to the store and get me some please?" Hannah nodded, "Ok mom I was heading to the store anyway, love you bye!"

Hannah kissed her mother on the cheek and ran out the door leaving her mother confused wondering why she was so happy.

Hannah got on her bright yellow bike and peddled to the store. When she was halfway, she heard someone yell out, "Hey sweet cheeks." Hannah groaned because she knew exactly who it was. Her gross ex whom she dated back in 10th grade, Anthony.

She stopped and looked at him, "What do you want, Scrub?" Anthony touched his chest as if she broken his heart, "Come on Hannah why don't you just come to my crib and we can chill." Hannah rolled her eyes, "How about you chill out? You know what? Dating you was a mistake."

Anthony smirked, "That's not what you said when." Before he could finish his sentence, Hannah backed over his foot causing him to yell.

Hannah smirked. "Like I said dating you was a mistake!" She rode off as she heard, "Come back here Hannah you little twerp." Hannah shrugged. So what if she was a twerp. At least she is not desperate.

*********************

So you have now met Hannah how do you like her? Sorry for any errors.

The Question of the Day: What job would you want?

Alright guys peace out

ByE

~Dai'Sha