Chara's PoV

I wander meaninglessly through the cavernous expanses of the Undergrounds. I won't deny that my thoughts have been turning to murder more often, but this timeline gets to you. They called it MurderTale for a reason. We can't help our urges. Everybody is attempting the pacifist route, but even Alphys struggles. We all want bloodshed. We all want... knives...

knives...

The swirling darkness envelops my SOUL. This is how the timeline gets to you. It even worked on Frisk. It takes all the evil wasted from proper pacifist timelines, and forms it into a pure black shadowy substance that will swamp your SOUL and pick at it over time. It barely hurts after a while. Once it has created a hole in your SOUL (we call this hole 'LOSS' because it's the point in the process that means you've lost your innocence) then it glides into your SOUL and removes all traces of purity and happiness. Then... murder. We all face this evil every day, but I've gotten the hang of keeping the blackness at bay. If someone breaks, then I go back to a pervious SAVE and teach them to push away the black. It's simple really, you just think of that one happy memory that wakes you up on the toughest morning, or any strong emotion really. 

My memory is when Frisk saved me.

Monster Kid's is when his parents abandoned him.

Alphys' is when Asgore asked her to be Royal Scientist.

Undyne's is when she lost her Humanity and became a monster.

Papyrus' is when Sans... Sans left him alone.

And ectetera ectetara. We all have something to cling onto. Something that raises our HOPE (HP).

The funny thing is, we all know the drill by now. The darkness doesn't just creep up on you unexpectedly. You hear it first. It has a chilling sound. Something like bones breaking and the whispers of lost Souls. It gives you a migrane, and once it caused Papyrus to black out. It's not like anything Alphys has ever experienced. 

We all fear it, and I guess that's why we all used to kill. We didn't want the blackness to consume us, so we obeyed. And I've seen that fate through to the end and RESET too many times to forget.

It ends with myself. I deliver the final blow to Asgore and Toriel, joined together in a hollow way. No love, no passion, just a common hatred. It made them more powerful. I'm left on my own until... Sans. Always Sans. He just comes into Judgement Hall and watches. No words would ever be exchanged, he would just watch me with his judging eyes until I felt my sins crawling on my back. It's at about that time that I realise my ability to flit to another timeline and fuck with Frisk's head...

I wander further, and see my friends dead ahead.

Oh... God.

Dead is correct...

A/N: HEYYYYYYY GUYS! QUICK REMINDER; PLEASE VOTE ON THIS CHAPTER IF YOU ENJOYED IT, AND PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE A MOMENT AND FEEL LIKE IT, PLEASE GO TO TWITTER AND VOTE FOR BROKEN TIMELINES!!

Also, Go read this story. Don't even question me now, it's shamazing so far!!! (We need to support our fellow UnderTale writers!) 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/76110986-lovetale