OVERTALE - Chara's PoV

I trudge behind Sans, hanging my head in shame and sighing in defeat. Sans' eye is burning a bright cyan, and I practically feel his murderous wrath radiating off of him. We walk up the path to Mt Ebott, the familiar path I walked oh so long ago, desperate to escape the evil of humanity, desperate for it all to be over.

I feel like that again, only this time it's me who is the evil one. I feel like hurling my body down into the chasm of the UnderGrounds, knowing nobody would be there to help me. I want to die. I was stupid to think that I could maybe help Sans feel better about Frisk not being here, I was stupid to think that I could help. Me. The real monster in the UnderGrounds.

Sans is muttering explicits under his breath, and I occasionally hear my name being spat murderously. Yet so far he hasn't said much to me directly. I expected a string of cuss words the minute Papyrus' innocent ears (well you know what I mean) were far away. But Sans has said nothing.

We arrive at the hole I originally fell into back in my dimension, and I gulp nervously. Maybe I didn't want to die so badly after all... In fact, I want to live a long and happy life with plenty of chocolate and a significant lack of knives.

"Punk, do you know what will happen if I throw you into this hole?" Sans' grin is sickeningly twisted, almost as if he's grimacing.

"N...n...no?" I mutter, my voice giving away the fear which is probably evident in my eyes.

"You'd fall and die. The barrier is gone, so there's not much magic down there anymore. Nothing to save your body from the impact of the fall. Not even those yellow flowers can help you. Your pathetic body would be crushed, and your blood would water the floor." Sans' eye burns brighter, and before I know it I'm floating above the hole, surrounded by cyan magic.

"S...S...Sans?" I croak, my cheeks stained with tears. I don't want to die...

"So Punk... Want to find out what it's like to die? Do you want to know what you put so many fucking people through? Do you want to feel your soul split into tiny pieces? Because not even determination could save you from that fall Chara." Sans' magic drops me for a split second, and I shriek in fear before I am caught by the magic again.

"No! Sans, please! Please, I don't wanna die! Please Sans! I'm begging you!" I scream, my words catching in the wind and howling around the mountainside.

"You really think I care about your opinion? Or what you want? You're just a little punk! You're not worth the shit on my shoes, and you're not worth saving! I could end you right now Chara." Sans growls, but I see a glimmer of hope in his words.

"You... could kill me? So you... you won't?" I whisper, my words trembling in anticipation of his answer.

"No. I'm not going to kill you. But only because you're in Frisk's body. And she needs that." Sans spits at me, and I can tell his hatred for me has only grown tenfold. But I accept this fact with a sad smile.

"I'll look after it then."

"You had fucking better."

----------------------------------
A/N

Sup Pumpkins? It's Meepaa here! Sorry about the Huuuuuuge gap between chapters, but I started my exams and it's been CRAZAY!

But I've finished my Drama Exams now, and I should be (hopefully) getting an A*! HOW AWESOMESAUCE IS THAT?!

I went to Bristol Anime Con the other weekend and I met Sans, Undyne, Mettaton EX, Papyrus, Frisk, Chara, and Flowey! And I saw a couple of you amazing readers there too!!!

Anywaaaays, thank you for your continued support with this fanfic, we're on 13K reads now!

I REPEAT, 13K READS!

HOW AWESOMESAUCE IS THAT?!?!

Meepaa Out