Frisk

I awaken from my slumber, but I don't wake up in the snow. I wake up on the sofa at Sans and Papyrus' house. I rub my eyes and blink blearily as I glance around at my surroundings.
"Jeez Kid, what were ya doin' out in the cold asleep like that huh?" Sans' voice hits me like a train, that voice that asked me so threateningly if I wanted to have a bad time. I yelp and scrabble furiously to escape Sans, my feet get caught in the blanket draped over me and I go tumbling forwards. I brace myself for impact, but I feel my SOUL glow with that shade of blue that gives me nightmares. Sans uses his magic to place me back on my feet and I sprint into the kitchen, pulling open the door to the sink cupboard and proceeding to crouch behind the large bones that Papyrus stores in here.
"Kid? C'mon out Frisk." Sans murmurs from the other side of the door.
"LEAVE ALONE! DON'T WANNA FIGHT YOU! DON'T HURT!" I yell, my speech impediment causing my words to slur slightly and skip some words.
"Kid... I ain't gonna hurt ya." Sans sighs loudly and I hear his padded footsteps pacing in front of the door.
"Look, Kid, I know I probably gave ya a scare, but I ain't gonna hurt ya. Not you..."
"You... bad time... my soul... barrier..." I hoped my limited words will convey the message I wanted to convey.
"Ki- Frisk. I... you... you think I want your soul so we can break the barrier? No! Not you! Frisk, you're family. And I know what I said about the bad time it's just... I'm scared Frisk. You don't know how it feels. The RESETs and SAVEs... It hurts to think that monsters are so close to breaking the barrier and then... one day it'll all be RESET..." I hear Sans' soft sniffles through the door and open it cautiously. I'm not letting down my guard just yet.
"Frisk... I... I'm sorry."

"It's okay Sans, I-" The rest of my words are cut off by the battle screen that appears suddenly.