Chapter 13

Picture of Alexandria Gregson  played by Willa Holland 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you done cooking or what Hope and I are starving" Aria said a few hours after Sally put the food in the oven.

I looked at her with a confused smile on my face not knowing if she wanted me to stay or go.     Unexpectedly she smiled back.

"Yeah I think the food is done the grilled vegetables and fried rice have are done for you are Lex I just need to heat them up , the chicken for Hope and me just got that crust I was waiting for" Sally said opening the oven and taking the roast chicken out and switching with the vegetables on low heat to warm up.

"Wow  who knew you are such a good chef" I said

"I got it all from Food Network" Sally said grinning.

"Phone call Lex it's your dad" Hope came in running with the phone. "He sounds nervous" she added.

I grabbed the phone and went outside wondering what he wanted he never calls me when I am in Portland let alone when I am in England.

"Hey dad what's wrong?"

"It's your mom, she's in the hospital they say its stage 4 lung cancer she didn't want me to call you but she has been in the hospital since you left, she didn't wake up in the morning and when I took her to hospital they took some tests and came up with stage 4 lung cancer and its spreading to the bones , I wouldn't have called if it wasn't this serious " he said with his voice slowly breaking .

I couldn't believe what he was saying I knew mom has been smoking since she was 16 but I never saw her smoking that much.

"Her liver is falling as well because she drinks so much , her case is very rare they never saw a lot of cases like this." He added.

"Okay I am coming home" I said hanging up .

I rushed in the kitchen and they were all sitting around the kitchen island Sally and Aria rushed by my side "Is anything wrong ?" Aria said.

"It's my mom I have to leave she has cancer"

"Oh my god , I am coming with you " Sally said

"No you are not, you guys are going to stay here and have fun for me okay "I said with a fake smile on my face.

"How can we do that?" Aria said

"I just need some time with my mom, you three have to stay here "I said getting out of the kitchen and rushing up the stairs.

I packed up all my stuff and put on my leather jacket. A few minutes later I threw my luggage from the stairs and saw the others by the door.

"We get it you need some space and handle things with your family we hope everything is going to be great and we will by your side after the New Year" Hope said hugging me.

"I still think I, your best friend should be coming with you" Sally said looking at me

"No you should stay here with Jamie and have some fun; I will call you when I get home."

Aria was by the car, she came running hugging me "are you sure about this?"

"Yes I am I just need some time to deal right now "I said hugging her back.

I got in the car and I was in the airport in minutes and booked my flight and was on the plane about an hour after I left the house. The plane ride took what seemed to be a whole day those 10 hours killed me. I needed to see my mom , exactly after I landed it was about 6 in the morning in Portland and shopping for presents seemed weeks away when it was just hours ago.

"Hey dad it's me what hospital is she in?"

"Saint Margret" he said

I called a taxi and was there at about 7am the hospital was quite but the nerses looked like they expected me and told me right away were my mom was.

I practically ran to room 15 and when I entered I saw my dad by the window looking at me and looked straight back to the ground.

When I saw her I couldn't believe it she looked so week, it was so tragic............