Chapter 4

Picture is of Alexandria Gregson played by Willa Holland  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the week went by so fast, everyday better then the next I was so happy with Aria. She held my hand every day kissed me on the check every time she saw me. Now I just can't wait for our date this weekend.

"Alex wake up "I heard someone saying in a soft voice and shaking me slowly.

"Mom it's Saturday let me sleep " I said twisting and turning in my bed , I refused to get out of my warm sheets .

"It's me Aria "

When I heard that I immediately woke up and sat on my bed, "how did you get in here?" I asked

"You're mom let me in, now get up sleepy head and lets go, you have a job interview to get to "she said while looking at my CD's

"It's 6:30 in the morning and I am not a morning person"

"Come on, this will wake you up for sure "she said while putting a' Bring Me The Horizon' CD on.

I got up and went straight to the bathroom, "You will pay for this "I said to Aria on my way out with a mysteries expression on my face. "Bing it on babe" I heard her say.

 I took a quick shower , tied my hair in a messy bun leaving my fringe in front of my face , put on my black jeans , a "I need work " t- shirt and my leather jacket on .

I went in my room and saw Aria lying on my bed, I went running towards the bed and our faces where inches apart, I kissed her and she kissed me back.

We looked in each others eyes, her face was red "I wasn't expecting that" she said smiling. I got up off the bed to put in my converse "So what you think?" I said . "You look great "she said and turned off the music.

"Come on lets head out "Aria said taking my arm and spinning me round.

"Darling come here I want to have a look at you "I heard mom saying from the kitchen. "I'll go get the van" Aria said.

"You look great sweetie" she said in a cracked voice, she's been crying which means she's been drinking . "Do you want anything before you go? "

"Nope I'm good mom "I said as I grabbed the spotted bowl from the corner by the microwave, I swallowed my pills and heard Aria honking from outside the house.

"I'm off mom don't wait up tonight ok I'm going to be out all day " I kissed her on the head and said "Lay off the Jack Denials eyy mom " .

I ran outside and got in the van next to Aria. 'Drumming' was playing on the radio by Florence and the machine. We sang along the song, "You know they are coming to town right "Aria said.

"Are you serious? I love them I have to see them "

"Good cause I have two tickets for next week wanna come with me?"

"Hell yes "I said.

"So what do I have to do in the interview?"

"Nothing really he will just ask some questions like age and whatever "

"Cool" I said

We got there pretty fast since there was no traffic and it was like 20 minutes away from my house. The shop manager insisted for me to come early before they open and so we did.

The shop manager unlocked the shop door from us and told me to go to his office. He looked like he had one bad night, he had big bags under his eyes and was wearing his shirt on backwards.

"Nice to meet you Miss Gregson "he said shaking my hand "I am Mr Matthews but you can call me Tom."

"Glad to meet you Tom you can call me Lex if you like "I said sitting down.

"Well Lex as Aria must have told you there is a cashier job opening so I am just going to ask you some questions and just answer then truthfully , but first you're ID card please." I handed it over to him thinking how dreadfully awful I looked in that picture.

"So I see you are 16 good "he mumbled "How good are you in mathematics?"

"Pretty good I guess good enough to make a bill"

"Well that's good enough for me I will be paying you at 5 dollars an hour"

"That's great thank you "

"Here is your shift as you can see it is with Aria so transport shouldn't be a problem "Tom said

"No not at all Thank you Mr Matthews " I said shaking his hand taking my ID and  schedule  and headed for the door.

Aria was waiting for me by her van "Sooo" she asked

"I got the job "I said giving her the schedule. "Awesome I can drive you after school and back home obviously."

"Thx "I said getting into the van "So where to now ?"

" Leave it to me " Aria said .

Since it was only about 10 am she took me to  a diner for some breakfast. The diner had a 60's them like all of them seemed to have. We sat in one of those booth's you see in movies.

"Would you like to order?" a waitress said as soon as we sat down.

"Just some coffee "I said "Same here and can you get us some of  your special breakfast muffins "

"Sure thing Aria" the waitress said nodding and walking towards the kitchen.

"How does she know you? " I asked

"I come here after work to have dinner "Aria said smiling

After a few minutes she returned with our freshly brewed coffee and the so called special muffins. "Thx Tina "Aria said.

I sipped some coffee; it was strong just how I like it. Aria held my hand on the table. I took a bit of the muffin so did Aria "These are great" I said

"I know you would like them" she said smiling

We talked a lot ,about everything, we left the diner at about 1 in the afternoon and then we went in the van. Aria parked in an isolated area and turned on the music , while we laid down in the back of the van relaxed looking at each other, getting as close to one another as we could, then we fell asleep in each other's arms.  

We woke up at about 6 pm "Now that is what I call a good nap "Aria said while stretching her arms and smiling at me, I chuckled.

We got back on the rode again and know she took me to a lake, it was absolutely beautiful no one in site. We took off our shoes and left them in the van and wet our feet. "This place is beautiful how you found it? "

"My dad used to take me fishing here before he passed" Aria said

She told me about her father ,a carpenter who was forced to work but a born fisherman, he died of lung cancer he used to smoke a packet a day since he was 16, he died at the age of 30, Aria was still young.

She spotted a row boat "Come on" Aria said "no one is gonna miss it"

We rowed to the middle of the lake this place was absolutely stunning. I looked around in amazement "I had no idea a place like this existed in Portland" She came closer to me our knees touching, looking deep in each others eyes I felt like I was in a corny romantic movie the type I thought where stupid .I wanted to pinch myself to see if all of this was real, to see if her beautiful eyes where actually looking at me, to see if this moment was reality. But what if dreams are reality and reality is just dreams, and when we die we wake up.

She leaned over and kissed me, a real kiss our lips pressed together. This was the perfect moment under the stars kissing the girl of my dreams. I never wanted it to end.  Maybe, just maybe it doesn't have to.