Chapter 6

The picture is of Hope Rogers played by Mila Kunis 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I turned in my bed, it was still 5 am so I put on my tracksuit, a pair of trainers and headed for the door. “Not again “I said as I saw my dad on the couch instead in bed with mom I guess they got in a fight “prick “I said slamming the door behind me.

I ran and ran I don’t know how far but I just ran in silence it was still a bit dark outside but you could see the beautiful colures of the sun rising. It was peaceful. serene and the thing I longed for after 4 days in bed with the worst cold I could ever have . 

I looked at my clock and it was 6; 30 I practically sprinted back home listening to the ‘Cary Brothers ‘, acoustic music does wonders  for me in the morning.

As I was looking at the front door of my house I thought of what a beautiful place this is from the outside but when you enter it is as if you are entering the gates of hell, the hatred wasn’t visible but you could feel it in the air, the tension between us, the Gregson’s .

This time I closed the door as carefully as I could and went upstairs making no noise possible. I went to the bathroom took a quick shower and thought of what I could wear , this was a first for me usually I grabbed the first things   I saw , but since Aria things have changed , but the thing is I don’t want them to change  am I ready for this? I asked myself in the mirror.

Why did I turn out to be such a thinker why didn’t turn out like one of those I don’t give a fuck people. But no I had to be an over thinker when it comes to things that make me happy .I mean I am happy right?

“Stop over analyzing “I said with my hands on my face. I put on my batman shirt, a pair of jeans and my high tops. I took my new pills, as I wrote a note for my mom since clearly she was passed out in bed because otherwise she would be nagging me .I put my backpack over my shoulder and walked to school.

“You’re back!!!!!!!!! “ Sally said practically jumping me as I arrived at school, “I really missed you “she said letting go of me. I saw Aria over her shoulder with that cute look on her face , she was walking towards me she grabbed me and gave ma a kiss “finally I have been waiting to do that for almost a week and now since you aren’t contagious , you’re all mine “

“Oh get a room, you are making me feel all to single on my birthday” Hope said.

“Wait it’s you’re birthday? I’m so sorry I didn’t get you anything “I said, frightened that she would attack me for not getting her something.

“Good cause all I want is for you to come to my party it’s tonight wear something sexy ok “ she said while walking away from us . “Oh and there is going to be an amazing performer ““Who? “I said with excitement “Me “Hope said with a big smirk on her face.

“Since when? “I asked Aria

“Her dad owns a record label, she has been singing since she first started talking”

“Cool “I said leaning for a kiss, which turned out to be a make out session.

School went by fast, Sally wanted to spend the day with me so went to my house and according to her I needed her help getting ready for tonight.

“I mean I love your style but for tonight you have to switch it up you know, get you’re freak on.” She said all exited.

As soon as I opened the door she went to the kitchen and I turned on the TV. “Dude you’re mom is sleeping on the table “she said with a mouth full of Oreos. “We better leave her there or she will freak if we move her “

“Ok whatever you say “

We watched a couple of episodes of One Tree Hill “God Lucas and Nathan are incredibly hot” she said looking up at my face since her head was on my lap. “Yeah, but Brooke is way gorgeous”.

“You and you’re girls, come on lets get ready “

Sally went straight to my closet “Ummm what to wear?” I couldn’t care less I know I was in good hands. I put on ‘The Subways” CD and laid on my bed looking at the ceiling.

“Oh My Jimmy Choo , I found the perfect outfit” She said while putting it all on the bed accessories and everything .”Wear this and meet me there ok, I have to go get ready myself”

She left running down the stairs, so that I wouldn’t have time to change my mind. I had no choice but to put on the short red strapless dress, black high heels and the bangles Sally choose for me. I put on some make up and texted Aria that I’m ready. She came round at 8:30.

“Waw you look hot “she said smiling

“You don’t look to bad yourself” I said and I wasn’t lying she looked amazing.

The party was at full swing at about 9:30, me and Stella had a buzz going on and since Aria was the designated driver all she could drink was cider.

Suddenly the stage light up and Hope was in the middle of it. “Thanks for coming to my 17th birthday , now for the good part me singing some covers , these are slow songs so grab a partner and dance along “

Hope grabbed her guitar and started singing songs by ‘City and Colour ‘

She was absolutely amazing, her voice filled the room.

Hope Rogers  didn’t seem like the a deep kind of person but from that day I  gained so much respect for her , she was brave and grateful for all the things she had.