*Chapter Thirty-Six*

What. The. Hell. Did. I. Just. Hear?

That's not possible.

Never will that be possible. Ever.

A powerful yet gentle light suddenly enclosed me like a cocoon. The bleeding immediately stopped, and I watched with amazement as my wounded wing regenerated itself to a perfect condition. The light immediately disappeared, and the glowing stopped. My head snapped up to Ray's shocked expression.

“You...didn't disappear?”

I opened and closed my mouth a few times before I found my voice.

“Were...you serious?”

Half of me believed that he was just joking, yet another half wanted it to be true. I immediately shook off that other half. There was simply no way. He had shown interest in Lysha. He just can't...

“What?” he replied.

I gaped at him in disbelief.

“What you just said!” I exclaimed. “You're not serious, are you?”

For a second, I thought I saw embarrassment crept up his face. This time, my jaw dropped with a small pop. He was...serious? A small smirk tugged at the corner of his lips. No...way. Leaning towards me, his eyes danced with amusement.

“You...heard nothing, get it?”

With that said, he stood up and went over to Everard's corpse. I blinked once. Twice. That was definitely a smirk I saw just now. The possibility of hallucinating crossed my mind, but is my mind even capable of making such a thing up? I was still gawking after his crouched figure next to Everard when a voice interrupted me.

“Amy! Are you okay?” Rhia gushed.

“We smelled blood. It was your blood,” Melody explained and scanned her eyes up and down my body to check for wounds.

“I'm fine,” I assured them, still slightly dazed.

“Melody Rosemera, the fifty-seventh Rosemera successor.”

I was shocked at the words coming out of my own mouth. At once, everyone either curtsied or bowed in respect.

I can't communicate with anyone but you so I have to use your form.

“Yes,” Melody answered.

“Now that the Black Phoenix is gone, there is no more need for me to stay in this dimension. If I ever find the need to contact Holsina, I will communicate with you through Amethyst.”

“Yes, PhoeNix.”

Remember, you have my blood in you. You have a phoenix's regeneration speed and immortality. You may be harmed, but you, being both an Arcane and having my blood, cannot be killed by any mortals. One day, you would feel the need to...end your existence. Once that day comes, I will be waiting for you. Do remember that from now on, you can be classified as the one single being neither Fate nor Death can touch. You, Amethyst Rosemera, are truly one of a kind.

A white wisp appeared around me and swiveled once before shooting up into the sky. The white form slowly formed the vague shape of a pure white and a beautiful song in the phoenix's own language was sung and spread over Holsina.

Finally, everything had ended.

I let out a long sigh of relief. As if that sigh of mine had pressed the unmute button, Rhia let out a cry of excitement and enveloped me in a bone-crushing hug. Melody soon followed. Ace, and even Ashling all came to me, completely crushing me. From the corner of my eyes, I caught the sight of Ray, I sent him a meaningful look that said that whatever that had happened, I clearly didn't forget about it.