*Chapter Twenty-Three*

~Hell~

Master's hand easily crushed through the skull of the duplicate. The figure shattered into millions of ice particles, and nothing was left apart from a chilly breeze to prove that it ever existed.

Master paced around the room in fury for Master was not used to being deceived. In fact, Master was never deceived. How dare that little brat deceive him?! Not only has he freed thousands of test subjects, not only has he killed one of the many pawn he has, what made Master most furious was the fact that he dared to free the most important piece of puzzle in Master's plan.

For without that piece of puzzle, it was impossible to complete the plan. Master's fist curled into a fist and a burst of flame ignited his fist. After a few deep breathes, the fire vanished.

The time to dwell on matters of the past is futile. A few seconds of pacing and calming down, Master recited the prophecy again. Not a second later, a rare smile appeared.

A smile that signified that everything was under control once again.

~Amy's POV~

“Amy,” the angelic voice sounded annoyed for the first time, “I expected better from you.”

I felt my eyebrows furrow. Surely, I wasn't doing very bad. Rayden was already panting from the wound he got on his chest. It was really close to his lungs, and his healing ability was abnormally slow. I don't know why, but he's not attacking me. All he's been doing is dodging my attacks while at the same time, trying to say something to me. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't understand what he was saying. His movements were unusually slow. Confusion must have been clear on my face, why was he not attacking? I suddenly stopped my attack. This just didn't feel right.

“What's the matter?”

“Mother, I think he wants to say something.”

“It's not important, Amy. Hurry up and kill him for me. I still have a lot to tell you.”

I nodded my head absentmindedly. My gaze once again focused on his. I aimed for the spot below his neck and elbowed it hard. He fell to the floor, and I quickly pinned him down, straddling him. I pulled back my hand, ready to deliver the final blow.

My confused and vacant eyes stared into his determined and accepting eyes. I felt him relax below him. We just stared at each other for a while, neither moving.

“What are you waiting for?” Mother's voice urged me, and I felt her get up from where she stayed.

My hand shook, and I found myself unable to plunge it into his heart. He smiled weakly, seeming to realize that as well.

“Do...what...you want.”

My eyes widened at the vague but definitely there voice. The voice seemed really distant, and I had to focus hard to hear it.

“Do it, Amy!”

“I...”

“I've vowed to give you my life. Take it as you wish. After all I've done to you, I have no regret.”

This time, the voice was definitely there, and I lowered my hand by a fraction. There was a sudden invisible force on me, and I found myself suddenly suffocating. I looked around to see that Mother looked furious. Her angelic face was twisted into a malicious sneer. Her vice-like grip on my hand was numb, and I felt her pull back my hand, ready to plunge it into his heart.

The numb sensation morphed into panic as I watched my sharp nails ready to tear out the flesh. At the last second, I just managed to yank my hand away. Panting like I'd just ran a mile, I twisted around to glare at the creature with pure and utter disgust.