*Chapter Nine*

A thank you to leywren for fanning, voting, and commenting:D

And to everyone who votes and comments, even reads:)

*Chapter Nine*

“No! I can do it on my own. I don't need,” I jabbed an angry finger towards Ray who was looking as innocent as possible, “him.”

Melody sighed and gave me a tired look. There has been cases of runars gone missing all over Holsina. She was too busy to take care of the other few regions when there were reports sent in a few days ago telling her that there were new cases occurring in a remote village. The village was a small one, and it barely had any runars living there. It's mostly mythical creatures like unicorns and dragons that prefer to stay in Holsina rather than their own dimension. I was totally fine until she pointed out that Ray would be coming with me to find the cause as well.

“Amy,” Melody said and gave me a stern look. “In missions, you don't question why your superior has assigned you that particular partner. You simply go along with it because it's a mission.”

“But - ”

Melody continued to give me the same look.

“I can go with Ace - ”

“He's out taking care of something else.”

“What about - ?”

“No.”

We continued to stare at each other until Ray sighed loudly from next to me.

“Be honored that I'm actually coming with you.”

“H-Honored?!” I gasped incredibly. “Look, there was a time that you got that humongous dog that looks like a wolf. You look off the leash and made it chase me. Guess who was the one who almost got killed and has had a major fear for dogs or wolves ever since then?”

“I didn't let you get bitten, did I?”

“That's because you knew you would get your head chopped off by Zach if that were to happen!”

“Why would I be scared of a mere human?”

I was extremely tempted to just unsheathe the sword strapped on my hip right there.

“Because you're - ”

“Enough!” Melody bellowed, deciding that she finally had has enough, “stop acting like a kid.” Ray smirked at me, and Melody turned sharply towards him “You too!”

“Sorry,” we both muttered.

“Good, get to the portal. Remember, your mission is to find out the cause and report in. That's it.”

“Understood,” we both chorused.

I followed behind Ray as we made our way to the portal room. Not that I wanted to look like I was following him, but because he was walking so damn fast that I had to jog a little to keep up.

“What's the rush?”

“So that I can hurry up and finish the mission to get rid of you.”

Good point.

~~~

I watched as Amy and Rayden went out of the room. I rubbed my temple tiredly as a headache threatened to take over. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Rayden and Amy appearing in Holsina. I sighed. It was pretty troublesome that Amy hates Rayden so much. I have no idea what happened when Amy was in the Living World. Suddenly, I felt Ashling's presence.

“You sure about this?” she came in the room without bothering to knock.

“What?” I asked innocently.