*Chapter Nineteen*

Thank you ScribbledThoughts for being so nice and thoughtful. You deserve the dedication completely.

(Btw, her stories are really nice, check them out.)

*Chapter Nineteen*

~Ray's POV~

No.

This cannot be happening.

This was NOT how it should happen.

So many profanities were flying through my head that I was having a hard time controlling my thoughts. The burning feeling in my left shoulder clearly told me that she was in trouble. However, the person who made her like this was beyond in trouble. The last time -

I immediately shut my mind from the images that threatened to come. Those memories are something I tried to forget every waking moment but just seemed to imprint themselves in my head.

Damn it, I need to get to her.

I tried to follow her scent, but it was like something was stopping me. Someone must have set up a poor barrier that stops anyone from tracing her by her scent.

The burning in my shoulder has now spread till my upper arm.

I swore out loud.

I cannot waste time.

I suddenly felt like smacking myself for not thinking of this earlier. I blame it on the fact that I have to hide this from Master. I sneered at the word but know that I had to get to her fast.

I let my mind wander out, searching for her familiar aura. It wasn't long before I found it; however, the aura I sensed just confirmed my fear.

~Amy's (or is it?:P) POV~

I wiped the excess blood away from my mouth with the back of my hand. His blood tasted worse than decayed flesh. The burning feeling in my throat was still there. I desperately need blood. I scrunched up my face and turned away from the now dead creature in front of me. How revolting. Was boasting the only thing he could do? Couldn't even last three seconds.

I grinned evilly.

On the second thought, I just loved the feeling of this power surging through this body. What a wonderful body this is! It's been such a long time. All I feel like doing is to blast my way and drain every living being in my path. Suddenly, I felt a presence from behind me.

I growled dangerously, letting my fangs show.

The dust from the barrier cleared, and I saw a determined-looking guy standing there. His long silver hair almost covered his piercing eyes. I sneered.

I sniffed the air. A new sense of burning was in my throat. He smelled way better than that ugly creature I just killed. I felt a grin form on my face as I imagined his warm blood flowing down my throat.

“Amethyst.”

I growled in annoyance at the creature in front of me. I hate being called that. His eyes wandered for a second to the weakling I just killed. His face was so passive that I had no idea what he was thinking.

“I'm not Amethyst,” I hissed.

“Amethyst, I need you to fight.”

Imbecile, she can't hear you. My mouth lifted into a grin as I charged at him, easily avoiding the dents and cracks on the floor that I had created earlier. I directly aimed for the spot where I could feel his vein throbbing under his skin.

There was only one thought on my mind.

Blood.

He leaned side ways to avoid my fangs. I was expecting that. Unfortunately for him even with my huge wings dangling by my side, my reflex was ten times better that that fragile owner of this body. I easily twisted around and reached out to grab any part of him. My inch long nail scratched his bare arm, and a trail of blood trickled down. My eyes widened at the sudden scent of his blood.