*Chapter Thirty-Two*

A spotlight suddenly appeared, illuminating Zach. His jet black hair looked perfect in his messy but nice way. His eyes searched for none other than Aria, and he looked more handsome than I had ever remembered. Another spotlight appeared, illuminating Aria. Zach's eyes grew wide before he smirked as Aria walked towards him. Aria grinned, a look that clearly said she was the most lucky girl in the world.

They reached each other as a third spotlight appeared. To my surprise, it was Melody. The couple held each other's hand, looking into each other's eyes before Melody coughed pointedly. Reluctantly, they turned their attention Melody. Zach had a clear irritated look which made me smile. I zoned out as Melody started giving out a length of speech stating our ancestors and so on, finally, she addressed both of them.

“Zachary Rosemera and Arianna Valencya Quentin, are you willing to bond with each other?”

“Yes,” they both replied spontaneously.

Melody nodded and closed her eyes. A pale blue chain shot out from Melody's hand as it seemed to wrap around the two. A few seconds later, a triangular shaped mark appeared at the base of Aria's neck.

“It's not fully done. The rest will depend on you guys,” Melody winked pointedly at Aria, and she blushed a deep red.

The entire place exploded into applause. Everyone stood up from the chairs to congratulate the couple, and I shrank away from the crowd. I would definitely congratulate them, but not now. My eyes scanned the crowd for a glimpse of silver; it wasn't particularly hard. I took a deep breath and made sure that I controlled my temper before going up to them.

“Hey.”

The brunette didn't even disguise her obvious distaste for me, and somehow managed to cling to Ray even more.

Control yourself.

Do not slap her.

I repeated the words in my head five more times before smiling at the two.

“Can I speak to Ray for a second?”

“Sure,” she chanted with a way too fake smile.

“Alone,” I added with a fake smile as well.

“I'm sorry, but I'm sure whatever you're going to say is fine to say it in front of his mate.”

I should give myself a round of applause for not slapping her right there and then. How dare she consider herself his mate!

“Actually, Amy, just say what you want here.”

I did a double take. Was there no hope? I took another glance at him. He looked the same, if not more handsome. I have to try my best so I can say I did actually try. The brunette looked at me with a look of triumph. All trace of the fragile girl was gone, replaced by a haughty and self-centered look.

“I'm not going to lie,” I paused, and my eyes drifted pointedly to her dress, “I don't want your slut to hear what I will say next.”

There was an unnecessary amount of swearing as the petite girl was doing all her best to reach me whether to claw my eyes out or rip my skin off, I don't know because Ray was holding her away from me, looking annoyed.

“Amethyst, just say what you want and leave me alone.”

“What's with the attitude? What did I do?” I covered all my emotions as hard as I could, and I barely succeeded.

“Why do you care? Since when have you ever cared?” he replied coldly.

Completely shocked, I grabbed him by the hand and tried to drag him. Of course, I could never drag him if he wasn't willing to come.