*Chapter Thirteen*

Vote and comment :)

*Chapter Thirteen*

“Hey Lake, you've never told me about your past.”

The pale blond smiled at me across me. Believe it or not, we were having something extremely similar to picnic. Lake took me to this room where the ceiling was just like a sky and there was grass underneath us, and we sat on a checkered piece of cloth with a basket full of food. I was flabbergasted when I entered the room, and Lake told me that it was for some beings who can't live without the natural grass and sky. Every room in this building is built for every being.

Lake has been visiting me and taking me around for walks for the past three days. I was enjoying his company since he made my days seem less boring.

“My family and I lived on the edge of Holsina - ”

“You're a runar?!” I gasped, shocked,

“Yeah,” he chuckled, “doesn't seem so?”

“Well, I-I thought you were a demon.”

He laughed and waved his hand dismissively.

“A lot of people say so. It's totally fine. Anyway, the boundary is the weakest part of Holsina. It was a constant target of other beings who want to capture some runars. When I was five years old, back when I had absolutely no power and is as weak as those pathetic humans, no offense since I don't consider you the same as them,” he clarified, smiling a smile that would take any normal girl's breath away. It bugged me a little for someone as nice as him to be bad-mouthing other beings. Ray never - my hands curled into a fist, don't even think about him, I told myself. “My whole family was attacked by a group of demons. They mercilessly ate my parents right in front of me,” he cringed at the memory, and I felt sorry for him to have to witness something as awful as this. “I was saved by...a stranger who I later learned who stayed in Hell. I'm here to pay that stranger back for what he did.”

I nodded in understanding.

“Have you found that person?” I asked.

“Not yet,” he replied and shook his head. He stood up and offered me his hand. I took it, and he pulled me up. “I have to go somewhere now. I'll walk you back. If you want, I can take you somewhere else tomorrow.”

“I would love that,” I smiled.

The door suddenly opened, and Aria walked in. She froze in the doorway, and her eyes landed on Lake's hand that was around mine. Her eyes narrowed, and she walked closer to us.

“Lake, you need to go to Lab. 34 now. You know what will happen if you're late to Dr. Knell's Lab.”

I was shocked by her words. She wasn't looking at Lake but kept her head low. Her eyes had a hint of arrogance and hatred in it. Lake dropped his hold on my hand and sighed.

“Oh, look who it is. Arianna, I thought you were sulking in a corner like you have done for the past seven years,” Lake said nonchalantly.

Aria looked mad, but she was holding it in. I had the impression that they don't get along. Lake turned around to leave but not before kissing my forehead.

“I'll see you tomorrow,” he said and smiled a dazzling smile.

As soon as the door was closed, Aria snapped.

“Who the hell does he think he is?” she huffed. “Arrogant Master's pet. Why are you hanging out with him anyways?”

I was shocked. Aria always keep her cool.

“I met him in the library. He seemed like a nice - ”

“Nice?” she cut me off, “In your human terms, a total player.”