*Chapter Twenty-Four*

The fireflies flitted around, and a pale white glow emanated from the tree.

You came...

My eyes grew wide at the voice that echoed in my mind.

Young one, you have the aura of the Nixeria and Phoebe. Where is the other candidate?

I didn't need to ask to know that it was referring to Neraine.

“I'm afraid she has sided with the other side.”

There was a long silence as if it were deep in thought.

Neraine has come to me -

“Neraine! She found a way here?!”

She did, it started it a disapproving tone at the fact that I just interrupted it. Her soul was already contaminated with hatred and envy when she came to me. I have explained what I should to her. I'm afraid she has made the wrong choice although it was predicted. The two candidates were similar yet opposite. If one were to fight against something, it's only logical that the other would end up somehow fighting for it. The pieces in the most ancient and powerful prophecy are almost ready. All it needs is the final piece to make this prophecy come true. This dimension along with all the other shall soon experience a terror that has never been seen before. Once the Black Phoenix is revived, there will be no redemption.

“This final piece,” my voice was surprisingly steady compared to what I felt, “what is it?”

“A mate.”

It clicked.

The reason why 'Master' made Lake bond with me. 'Master' was trying to initiate this prophecy by a forced mate. Since he couldn't get me...

A forced mate? That's against nature! The voice bellowed in my head. I didn't even notice that I had slipped it out. It is not impossible, but it is dark magic. A magic long forgotten years ago at the amount of sacrifices one needs not to mention special conditions like a full moon.

“Neraine! She will be forced to be bonded!”

Relax -

“How can I relax when next full moon is in two days?!”

No, young one, not any full moon. It has to be a Red Night.

My breath hitched. I had totally forgotten about Red Night. Red Night was like a full moon, except that the moon turns red due to some unknown reason. Red moons was acknowledged to be a bad omen in Holsina since there has always been cases of mass death in Holsina ever since ancient time. It usually only occurs around once a few years, however, the last red moon was sighted only a few weeks ago!

If you noticed, there have been some aberrant changes happening in the last few months. It's all goes back to the prophecy. I'm afraid that there is no going back now that everything has been set in motion.

“You're saying if I don't stop 'Master' all would be the end?”

Yes, I have done my job by explaining the prophecy to both of you. All that is left is for you to use your power to stop the revival of the Black Phoenix.

“I'm sorry to say this, but my power is nothing against 'Master',” I shuddered at the memory of the powerful aura 'Master' emitted when we first met.

You are not the Chosen yet, for the Chosen has power equal to the Black Phoenix.

My eyes widened. I have totally forgot about the fact that there is a chance that I might not be the Chosen.