*Chapter Twenty-Two*

~Aria's POV~

So this was the castle.

My head strained up to take in the immense castle in front of me. It didn't change. Ivies climbed up the wall of the castle, intertwining with each other. The statues of gargoyle and dragons sat exactly where they were seven years ago, proudly guarding the castle for eternities. The tip of the castle was high in the thick, fluffy clouds. Rhia had teleported us directly in front of the castle where the sentries usually patrolled. It was the closest place to the castle that was big enough to hold all of us since there were thousands of us. Not even a second later had we materialized, we had a line of Royal guards lining in front of us. Rhia stepped forwards to take care of the problem.

I couldn't but notice him behind me. Without even turning around, my heart started beating faster. I took a brief glance at his black fur. I don't know how he knew that I was looking, but he caught my eyes and gave me a look that send my stomach fluttering.

I know I'm hot, but at least make it more subtle.

“Jerk,” I mumbled under my breath that send a low grumble from deep within him that I had recognized as his laugh.

The guards suddenly stepped aside, forming a line on both side of us.

“Everyone!” Rhia raised her voice slightly, but I knew that every runar here in the court had heard her. “Follow me. I will lead you to the Queen.”

All of us lined up and walked in a straight line towards the castle. By the time we were there, a beautiful blonde with an angelic face that was just like Amber stood on the top of the stairs, watching us with a proud smile. She radiated confidence and leadership, something a Queen must have. We halted, and all the girls curtsied while the boys bowed. All except Rhia and Zach.

“I was in shock when one of my guard told me that thousands of runars have turned up in front of the castle. For those who have a home or family already in Holsina, you can go to back to your home now. For those who do not, I will provide he or she a room in the castle until further notice.”

There was murmurs breaking out through the throng of people. I felt a nudge on my side.

I'm going to talk to Melody.

“Oh, sure, go ahead.”

You're coming with me.

“What?!” I gasped. I haven't been close to any Royal in years, and the thought that I was going to be close to the Queen was terrifying.

You'll be fine, and am I not a Royal?

He's right. However, I never thought of him as Royalty. He was just Zachary. My Zach.

I heard a snort coming from him, and a blush threatened to appear.

“I told you not to listen to my thoughts!”

I have to be in your head to talk to you, and you were practically screaming that for me to hear.

I rolled my eyes. We were now extremely close to the Queen, and I could feel my palm get sweaty.

“Zach?” the Queen looked at his brother in astonishment.

Zach's big golden eyes stared locked with the Queen's. I guessed that he must have been showing her some memories. The Queen patted the Zach on the head like one would do to their pet dog and ruffled his fur. Zach growled once in feigned annoyance, and the Queen laughed. It was a beautiful sound.

“You're Aria, right?”

“I - Y-Yes, your highness.”

She laughed again at my shocked expression. Well, if she was trying to ease my nervousness, it worked.