*Chapter Thirty-One*

I tossed and turned, vaguely aware of the incessant blabbering I was hearing. I groaned and thrust my beloved unicorn pillow towards the source of the noise. There was the sound of the impact, and I let my lips twist up into a smile. That smile was soon wiped off when I felt my lovely blanket being dragged away. I clung to it like my life depended on it.

“Amethyst Rosemera!”

With a thump, my head came into contact with the hard and cold floor. I growled and unwillingly opened my eyes. I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes to the bright room. The cheerful chirping of the bird was the first thing I noticed before I took in an upside down Aria.

“How can you do this to me?!”

I stared blankly at her.

“It's the sixteenth of July!”

More blinking and a blank look.

“Amethyst!” she bellowed.

It clicked, and I immediately scrambled up.

“I'm so sorry!” I apologized. “Sorry! I slept pretty late yesterday, and my head's pounding!”

Aria pursed her lips into a thin line, and she was looking at me with the kind of look that you would expect a Mother to give her child when the child had clearly managed to anger the Mother.

“Runars don't get headaches,” she stated plainly.

Ah, I see.

“Erm,” I stuttered. “W-Why don't we get you ready in your dress! The ceremony's gonna start at midnight right!”

“Amy...” Aria said unhappily.

“Come on!” I urged. “We'll have to give Zach a shock!”

After coaxing her for some more time, I finally ushered her out of the room so I could get ready.

“Don't forget to that I'll be doing your hair and make up!” she yelled before I slammed the door shut. I let out a relieved sigh before quickly getting ready. I smiled. She was just like a second Mother to me.

I quickly got down the stairs. Everyone was there, with the exception of Ray and Lysha, chatting animatedly with each other.

“Aria,” Melody addressed Aria, “are you sure that your potion will work?”

“Positive,” she replied confidently. “I have already experimented it. It can last for at least twenty-four hours.”

“Where's Zach?” I asked as I glanced around the room.

“He's not going to see me until twelve,” Aria beamed.

“Are you sure can manage that?” I teased.

“It pains me, Amy. It's hard to breathe even for a minute without smelling his intoxicating scent. Life would be unbearable - ”

“Okay! Stop freaking me out!” I cut her off, completely horrified which just caused Aria to burst out laughing.

“Kidding,” she replied with a silly grin, “but it's true that you just have this longing feeling for your mate.”

I smiled and couldn't help but wonder where my mate was at this moment. He must be somewhere in this dimension, waiting for the moment for us to meet. According to Aria, it's a love at first sight. You'll know who he is once you set your eyes upon him.

“Come on, Amy,” she tugged on me.

I followed her lead, and we entered a room situated on the eastern part of the castle that I've never came to. Aria took out a chain of keys. With a tiny click, the door swung open. My jaw dropped.