*Chapter Sixteen*

*Chapter Sixteen*

I was sitting in a meadow. The gentle breeze of the fresh spring wind felt cold on my skin. There was a light hint of a mix of every possible flower's fragrance in the air. The flowers all around me bloomed in all the colors and in all the shapes. My thin white dress fluttered lightly in the wind.

It finally worked.

A voice that was extremely familiar yet mysterious appeared in my head. I suddenly stood up in shock.

“Who are you?”

You will find out eventually.

“Why are you here? This is a dream, isn't it?”

Nope, this is a place I created to talk to you.

“Why do you want to talk to me?”

Although we are so close, I can't even see you. Oh, how I long to finally see you again.

The last part of the sentence was heavy in sarcasm.

“Do I know you?” I asked confused.

Know? The voice snorted. Did you seriously just ask me that? How pathetic, escaping reality by making yourself forget your own memory.

“How do you know about my memory?!” I yelled.

I know everything. It replied calmly. It's getting on my nerves to know that you're degrading yourself by acting like a human.

“I don't know what you're talking about,” I replied calmly and crossed my arms over my chest.

The powers we possess far surpass an average runars' power It's like comparing a few drops of water to the entire ocean. It replied haughtily. If you still haven't noticed, runars' power don't work on us unless it's a physical attack.

A flashback of Zach saying that he couldn't see my future appeared. Whatever that voice was, it wasn't lying. However, I was even more confused now. How is it possible that runars' power don't work on me?

You're even more pathetic than that over protective Rayden. Why do you fear it when it's your own power?

“Why do you know so much?” I exclaimed, “Are you an alternate personality or - ?”

Do not classify me as you! The tone was suddenly furious. I'm not the same as you! I'm NOT you!! It shrieked.

The peaceful weather in the meadow suddenly changed. The cloudless sky was suddenly pitch black, and the beautiful multicolored flowers all changed to gray or black. The fresh breeze changed to a murderous storm. Heavy rain poured down from the sky, and thunder roared in the background.

Why do people always talk about YOU? Why do I have to be the shadow?! We are different! Just because you were born first doesn't mean I can be ignored!

“Wait! What the hell are you talking - ?”

Keeping you protected in the castle like you're a treasure while I was thrown to a different dimension! Do you know how many times I was on the verge of death?! It's all because of you! If you didn't exist -

Lightning flashed across the angry sky and wind howled in the sky whipping my hair and dress everywhere.

You dare to kill me, Amethyst!

“I never - ”

Don't lie!

“I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE SAYING!”