Nothing Special

Have you ever felt like you are becoming just another face in the crowd?  That you are becoming invisible and unimportant?  You're not alone.

I know how it feels to be forgotten and unwanted;  to feel lost without hope of ever being found.  Loneliness begins to chisel away pieces of who you are, as you try to be who they want.  Solitude can bring comfort but only for small periods of time before it begins to eat at you.  Fear and desperation cause you to morph into a brand new person, a person that others might love, a person that you will grow to hate.  Bright rays of life used to surround you; now you're lucky to catch of few rare glimpses.  

People are prone to making judgements from a distance before deciding to approach.  We have it ingrained in our minds that there are people who belong and others who merely exist.  As kids we grow up trying to mimic our parents, their actions, their thoughts, everything.  In doing so, we also pick up on how they perceive others and use that as the base of how we will see people.  

As teenagers we are stereotyped as wild and rebellious, while only a few of us truly are.  But that isn't the only stereotype used to describe us.  There are plenty others that we use to describe or put down those around us.  For instance:  

The popular group.  They look neat and well put together, not a hair out of place.  We think of them as rude and stuck up when in all truth they are some of the nicest people you could ever meet.  We judge them based on what we see on the outside, not what lies within the shell of manicured nails and expensive cosmetics.  They are seen as unreachable and perfect.  

As human beings it is in our nature to want to be perfect.  But in our attempts we find ourselves feeling useless and lost, we let ourselves settle for what we think we are.  We feel like we are nothing, that we are just normal and plain.  But remember that nothing is perfect.  So, by being nothing other than who you are, you become perfection.

It might not feel like it all the time, trust me I know, but you are special.  There is only one you out there, you are one of a kind.  I know how it feels to be an outcast, a freak, some one that people don't want.  I know how bad it hurt to hear people talking crap about you.  I understand.

There have been times that I wanted to run and hide, just to see if anyone cared enough to come and find me.  Bullying is something that I am all to familiar with.  I have been teased and bullied since I was little, whether it be about my weight, personality, or the things that I liked.

So I might not be anything amazing or special, but I am me.  And nothing will change that.