Learning Curve

I know it has been awhile since I wrote last.  Life just got hectic and busy, work, school, you know all that fun stuff.  So I guess this will be more of a catch up kind of entry rather than anything deep or emotionaly draining, okay there might be a bit of that...

Since last writting I have finished of my sophmore year and am now a quarter of the way through my junior year.  I've switched jobs and now work in cashering instead of house keeping.  I started a new relationship which lasted just over a year before ending in September when we both decided that it was better to just be friends.  I moved Red and am thrilled with how well he is doing.  And I entered my first ever beauty pageant....  yeah a beauty pagent.

Honestly though, it was an amazing evperience, metting everyone and learning skills that I will apply throughout my life.  I can't wait to participate again next year, even if I don't win I will still be learning and that is more than okay.  I have learned to be more self-confident and independent, and it has made me feel so empowered, to know that noones words can hurt me unless I let them.

This past year has taught me so many things, from how to handle heartbreak to loving myself for who I am.  I'm not perfect but that is 100% okay, noone is perfect and that is not a bad thing.  Imperfections make us who we are, that shape us and teach us, and show us how to accept each other.  Learning to love our own imperfections teaches us how to love the imperfections of others as well.

In the last few months I have learned so much and feel that had I not gone through the things that I have, then I would not know the things that I do.  I have learned forgiveness, compassion, patients, and how to be more understanding.  I have learned to lead by example and to never give up, because the only way to learn is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try again.