Newtown Connecticut

First off, I need to say that I am truly sorry for all of those who lost a loved one in the Newtown shooting.  My heart goes out to each and every one of you whom lost a child, friend, sibling, relative, wife, or mother on that day.  I know it has to be unbelievable hard, and though you may not believe me, it is going to be okay.  It might take a long time, and though you will never forget the ones you loved, but you are going to be okay.  It's going to be hard and it's going to hurt but you are strong enough to make it through the horrors that face you.

Poetry written in honor of the 26 victims has truly touched my heart.  I read these tributes with tears in my eyes and a heart heavy in my chest, because those words are written for 20 little kids who never deserved that fate and the 6 adults who tried to save the day.  People are hurt near and far by the actions of one man, fear has been put into the hearts of many, and shock has hit us all hard.

Just a few moments before I began this writing, I read two poems that had me in full out tears as I read.  The first of the two was 11 Days Before Christmas by Cameo Smith.  The second being The Field Trip which was written anonymously.  Both are beautiful and heartwarming, despite the pain they were written with.  I recommend that you read them and maybe they will offer you a little comfort as they did for me.  

I know that it's scary and that it hurts right now, but I promise you, it will be okay.