Epilogue

A/N: Can't believe this is the end :') Hope you all enjoy ^.^

Song above is 'Gold Forever' by The Wanted :)

Image above is of Gwen's outfit; Top row 3rd girl :)

*~*

TWENTY YEARS LATER...

"Honey, is everything all set?" I asked my husband, Elliot Brickstone a.k.a. Elliot Brookes, and also my Buddy since back in our Brickstone Magic Academy days.

"Just about," Elliot said while brushing his hands off, "are the kids still outside?"

I peered out the window of the Headmistress' Office--meaning me--to see the kids meeting up with everyone outside, including my sister and her family.  Today was a special day, after all.  I sighed and hugged my elbows as I gazed out the window.  A hand on my shoulder and a peck on the cheek had me leaning back into my husband's chest.  "I just can't believe he's leaving," I whispered as Elliot's arms wrapped themselves around my waist.

"He'll be fine," he murmured against my hair, "besides, he has your sister as his Mentor.  You know she'll take care of him for us."

I slowly nodded and exhaled.  "Alright, let's go greet everybody.  And please, don't start a fight with Loki this time," I looked pointedly up at him over my shoulder with a raised brow.

Elliot coughed.  "He started it when he said that our sex life must not have been very entertaining for us to only have two kids.  And besides, that was ten years ago."

I gave him a disbelieving look.  "Elliot, that was just last year at the Christmas Party."

Elliot averted his eyes as he quickly released me and headed for the door.  "Okay!  Let's go meet everyone already!"

I rolled my eyes as I tried to resist a smile.  Men.  "Pixim," I called out to my Fairy friend who had decided to stay here with us while I ran the school with Elliot's help as Headmaster Brookes.  He rather enjoyed his new title just as much as I did my own.  My Fairy friend flew down from her own living space that I had built into my Office on a secret shelf of my bookcase since she tended to like her privacy.  "Would you be a dear and keep an eye on the Familiars while I'm out?"  Pixim nodded and flittered off.

I exhaled lowly and straightened my clothes consisting of a brown-and-beige colored dress with a creme colored half-coat over my shoulders paired with short brown heels.  I figured dressing up for today was needed with it being a certain someone's special day.  I headed out the Office and down the hall to the front doors, pushing them open as I grinned down at my family.

All my Brickstone friends, old and new, became my family.  I raced down the stairs once I spotted my sister.  "Aura!" I waved my arm in the air as my sister grinned and raced up the stairs to meet me, pulling me in for a tight embrace.  Once we pulled away, she fingered my white strands of hair.  I smiled softly down at her.  I know she still blamed herself for my discolored hair along with my son Ramiro's since he had been born with pure white hair.  I didn't blame her, though, and neither did her nephew.

Terry and Desiree came up behind Aura then as Desi used her hands to cover Aura's eyes, the two girls giggling mischievously.  Aura grinned.  "Hi, Desi.  Hey, Terry," Aura spun to greet her two best friends as they laughed.

"Hi, Aura," they said in unison, before ushering the younger kids all into the Courtyard as they gathered in a circle around a small pedestal where Aura and I would perform the ceremony.

I sighed and faced my sister.  "Are you ready?"

Aura barked a laugh and wrapped her left arm around my shoulders.  "I should be asking you that.  Are you really okay with saying goodbye to Ramiro?  Your only son?"

I exhaled through my nose and looked down at everyone gathered around, including my daughter, Crizana.  She looked just like her father except for the flaming red hair that clearly belonged to me.  Everyone else had kids of their own as well.  Loki and Desiree Yarde had three kids after eloping all those years ago; an eldest son of eighteen--Lucian--and two eleven-year-old twin girls--Rilee and Athena.  Rilee, actually, was born with two different colored eyes of hazel and green.  Arios and Ashlynn Mavel had one daughter--Lyra--of sixteen now, and who was also my Goddaughter.  I was ecstatic when Ash and Ari had asked me to be Lyra's Godmother, but Lyra was suffering from leukemia--had been for a while now--and there was no cure, Magical or otherwise.  I should know.  I've tried everything.

Our brother, Hunter, and his wife, Terry Lee, had two kids; Connor--who was now eighteen--and Christina--who was fourteen.  Christina was also born with one violet and one gray eye.  Leesha had even grown up and found a man herself; Albert Moone.  They currently had two son's; Noah--sixteen--and Silus--thirteen.  Silus was yet another mismatch-eyed child with his brown and blue eyes.  And last but not least, Aura and Rian Pillar.  My sister gave me another nephew--Wess Pillar--who was also eighteen like Ramiro now, which meant both were finally of age to become a Guardian because of their mismatched eyes.  Ramiro had one blue and one red eye, while Wess had one gray and one light hazel eye.  And because of their two different colored eyes, that meant they would be leaving to the Northern Watchtower with Aura and Rian.  So I wasn't at all worried with Aura watching over my only son.

I smiled and shook my head as we headed for the pedestal.  "As long as he's with you, I don't have to worry in the slightest."

Aura stared at me for quite some time before squeezing me tightly to her.  "I love you, Gwen."

I squeezed her back just as tight.  "I love you, too, Aura."

Aura sighed and straightened her spine then.  "Alright.  Let's get this over with."

I chuckled as I watched her climb up the medium-sized pedestal before scrambling up after her.  Everyone took their seats as soon as we walked up, the younger kids even growing quiet since they knew this was an important event for our families.  Elliot and Rian then walked up to the pedestal, Ramiro and Wess walking beside their fathers as per tradition.  I extended my right hand as my metal staff slithered down my arm from it's bracelet form, turning solid in both my hands as the liquid Metal Magic stiffened and I held it at the ready.

Once the two boys stood before us, did I begin the ceremony.  "Ramiro Brookes and Wess Pillar.  You have finally reached the ripe age of eighteen in order to become a full-fledged Guardian.  Your duties will consist of guarding our Northern Border, protecting our world from those who wish to harm it.  Do you accept your fate?"

"I accept my fate," they said in unison, and exchanged a wide grin with each other.

I smiled and lifted my staff into the air as I waved it in a semi-circle, two bow and arrow badges that were the symbol of Guardians--and matched the ones Aura and Rian currently wore--appeared out of thin air as Rian and Elliot each grabbed a badge, stepping forward to pin it onto their son's chest.  I stepped back then as Aura stepped forward, lifting both arms up in the air.  "With these badges, you are now officially Guardians!" Aura bellowed, and the rest of our family stood up and cheered.

I found myself crying tears of both joy and sadness as I embraced my only son, my staff having returned to it's bracelet form.  "Please be safe," I mumbled near his ear, and felt his body vibrate from chuckling beneath me.

"Don't worry, mom.  I have two of the strongest Guardians and the best Aunt and Uncle I could ask for watching over me.  I'll be fine," Ramiro picked me up and spun me around as I laughed at his excitement.  Pulling away, Crizana walked up and embraced her brother tightly as well.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Ram!" she sniffled, and Ramiro patted her back affectionately.

"I'm gonna miss you, too, Zane," Ramiro squeezed his sister tightly as I smiled at their childhood nicknames for each other.

I turned to gaze out at the horizon then, the trees swaying in the gentle breeze and my family chatting with each other about the future.  And little did I know what the future had in store for us was a little less than Human.

END OF BOOK ONE

*~*

A/N: THE END!  FINALLY!  Now I can finally post book 3! ;D

Plz VOTE, COMMENT, and/or FAN/SHARE!!! THNX FOR READING EVERYONE AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE STORY!!! <3