12. This is War

A/N: Ta-da! ;P

Song above is 'This is War' by 30 Seconds to Mars in the Nightcore version :3

*~*

Once class ended--and those three girls left me alone for the rest of the day--I grabbed my things and headed for Elliot's Office.  I stopped by the Dorm first, though, to pick up Ace since he had slept in and I didn't want to wake him.  He was pretty upset that I didn't take him with me to class, but I'm actually glad I didn't.  I was worried what he might have done to those three girls if he found out they had taken my mother's fox pin--which he obviously grew to like, being a fox himself--since I knew every Familiar carried some form of Magic within them.  It just depended on the bond between Familiar and Wizard.

So with Ace on my shoulder, I headed to Elliot's Office just like he asked me to.  I had left my cloak back in my Dorm Room, not wanting to lug it around with me the rest of the day.  I slid open the door of Elliot's Office and walked inside, shutting it tightly behind me, and found my Prefect boyfriend looking over five books all spread open on top of his desk.

"What's going on?" I asked with a frown, Ace flying over to curl up in one of the armchairs.  I walked up to the front of Elliot's desk, leaning my hands on the wooden structure.

Elliot began to riffle through papers and flipping pages, speaking to me as he did, "I don't know why, but I remembered something from when I was just a teenager."

I blinked, my cheeks growing red.  "Um, how old are you exactly?" I asked slowly, now just realizing that Elliot could be way older than me.

Elliot glanced up, his own cheeks tinting red, probably thinking the same thing I was.  "Um, I'm, uh, twenty-one, almost twenty-two," he mumbled, and I sighed.

I chuckled.  "Good thing I'm eighteen then."

He sighed a laugh and walked around his desk, leaving the papers and books strewn across the surface as he raised his hands to cradle my waist and pulled me towards him.  "Yeah, really good thing," he whispered with a small smirk, and pecked my lips.

I smiled.  "Are you going to be doing that all the time now?"

He grinned back.  "Any chance I can get."  I laughed.

I smacked his chest lightly, gently pushing him away from me.  "So what is it you remembered?"

Elliot's blue eyes widened then in reminder, and I looked pointedly up at his hair then which was still blonde.  I raised an eyebrow and he swiftly muttered, "Hidaro Pairo."  His hair turned back to it's natural dark color, and I nodded in approval.  He chuckled and shook his head.  "Well, from what I remembered earlier, and I don't know why I suddenly remembered, but there was this girl from my childhood that nearly froze the entire school with her tears."

My gray eyes widened.  "Nearly froze the entire school?   With just her tears?"  Elliot nodded.  "How was this girl even capable of doing that?"

Elliot rushed back over behind his desk where he scattered the papers and books even more.  "That's the thing; when she tried to tell me why she was crying, she couldn't speak."

I frowned.  "Was she a mute?"

Elliot glanced up.  "Close.  She was Cursed to be mute."

I blinked.  "That's really possible?"  Elliot nodded.  "Well then, where is this Ice Girl?  How come I haven't seen her around?"

"Actually, she attends Rich Dragon Magic Academy.  My father had me visit them years ago because he doesn't trust the Headmaster there."  He frowned.  "And from what I recall, he seemed to have everything in order and knew how to do his job.  Nothing was wrong with him when I went there, except for that crying Ice Girl."

I nodded in understanding.  "So then why suddenly remember that now?"  I crossed my arms and waited for him to explain further.  For some reason, my gut was churning uncomfortably.

"I wasn't a very good lip reader then, since that's more of Rian's specialty, but I did manage to find her Curse and how to break it," Elliot said, and directed a finger down at one of the books in front of him.

I leaned forward to look into the book and glimpsed words written in a script I couldn't translate, but the illustration was easy enough to decipher.  It showed a cloaked figure with it's arms upraised, and several animals in small circles above those arms, curling into a swirl above the figure.  I frowned.  "What does it mean?"

"It means only a Tamer that has a connection with all living beasts can unlock the true Magical bond between Familiar and Wizard," Elliot looked pointedly at me as he said this.

I blinked.  Once.  Twice.  Three times.  "Don't you dare give me that look!" I finally declared.  "I have no idea who this girl is, and just because my Magic allows me to speak to animals, doesn't make me an official Tamer!  I've barely been a student here for a month, Elliot!  I don't know how to break some Curse with my amateur skills!"  Damn, why did I have to say that blasted word again?  Elliot must be rubbing off on me.

Elliot sighed and came back around his desk to place his hands on my arms, rubbing them up and down soothingly.  "I know, and I take it back about you being an amateur."  I raised an eyebrow, knowing that he was going to guilt-trip me into going with him.  "But so far in the entire school, including Rich Dragon, you are the only one with your kind of Magic known to exist."

My eyes widened.  "Are you sure?"  I don't think I've ever felt so alone now.  "But my mother was-,"

Elliot's blue eyes filled with sympathy.  "I know, I figured that was the only way you could have that kind of Magic.  You have to be born with it from one parent or both."  I nodded.  My mother had my kind of Magic, and that's why my father loved her dearly for it.  To him, she was special.  Could that possibly be how I was to Elliot?  The thought made me blush.

"But that still doesn't mean I know how to break a Curse," I argued, and Elliot chuckled.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out.  After all, you're full of surprises," Elliot smirked as I blushed deeply.

I smacked his arm.  "Then how is this going to work if this girl goes to Rich Dragon?"  That reminds me; that was Ari's previous school.  Maybe he might know something about this Ice Girl.  "We can ask Ari if he knows anything about this Ice Girl, too, since he used to go to Rich Dragon," I suggested, and Elliot nodded.

"You can ask him.  Meanwhile, I'll get our transfer papers so that we'll be able to take classes over there and not have to miss much schoolwork here."  I sighed in relief as he chuckled.  "Until then, try to practice your Magic more.  You can even ask your roommate for help if you need to."

I nodded and stood on my tiptoes to peck his cheek.  "Thanks, Elliot."

He smiled, and kissed my forehead.  "You're welcome, Gwen."  I smiled back.

I knew to listen to my gut these days, and for some reason, it was telling me that this was right.  That this was what bothered me so much for no reason.  I just didn't know this is how I would get involved with Rich Dragon Academy.  Or how I would get involved with her.

*~*

A/N: Okay, I take it back, NEXT chapter is when 'Frostbitten' crosses over with 'Burning Butterfly' XP Sorry for the mix-up and dash of hope XD Well anyways, I officially start my first day of College today, and so I'm pretty nervous for that ._. But luckily I got my boyfriend in all my classes, so that's a plus, I guess XP Otherwise...

Plz VOTE, COMMENT, and/or FAN/SHARE!!! THNX FOR READING EVERYONE!!! ^-^