10.5. Steady My Heart

A/N: Here is the second half of the former Chapter xD Enjoy, everyone :P

Song above is 'Steady My Heart' by Kari Jobe :3

*~*

The next morning--it thankfully being a weekend so that I didn't have to worry about missing class--I found a gorgeous baby blue sundress set out on the end of the bed along with a pair of white flats.  I showered slowly and groggily in the adjoining bathroom, before slipping on the strapless sundress, the holes on the sides exposing my hips before sticking my feet into the flats.  I sat back down on the bed once I was dressed, fixing my bright maroon hair into a single over-the-shoulder braid before just staring down at the floor in silence, my mind still mulling over what had happened last night along with my dream afterwards.

I blushed as I touched my lips with the tips of my fingers.  Did I really enjoy kissing Elliot after all?  He had kissed me without my permission twice now, and both times I was too angry or upset to actually notice if I liked it or not.  Would it be a risk to do it again?

I gathered my bravado then and marched out the room--Ace still fast asleep since I didn't want to wake him--and headed downstairs, searching everywhere for Elliot, since I knew he had been the one to pick out my dress that coincidentally matched his eyes.

After searching several rooms and coming up empty, I finally bumped into Rocket and he gladly led me to Elliot's location.  I was starting to get nervous the closer we got, and nearly lost my brave face when I saw him still in his clothes from yesterday, his dark curly hair sticking up in several places, letting me know that he hadn't styled it and was just going with the natural bedhead look.

I cleared my throat and he snapped his head up from hunching over the desk he was currently sitting behind, his blue eyes widening and his cheeks tinting red as he hastily stood up.  He was in the Study Room where he had been doing his schoolwork for the past week--from what Rocket had told me--he didn't just abandon his education quite so easily.  I was glad for that much at least.

"Gwen, good morning," he said hurriedly, and started stacking papers along the desk, rearranging anything he could.  I noticed he was shaking slightly, and couldn't help but think that maybe I made him nervous.  But how could he possibly be nervous after what happened last night?

I slowly walked up to him behind the desk, Rocket leaving us to be alone as he went upstairs to hang out with Ace.  Elliot didn't lift his eyes to face me, instead gazing intently down at the wooden surface of the desk.  I lowered my head, my cheeks flaming at the thoughts running through it, and swallowed roughly, my throat going dry from lack of words.  "I-I have a favor t-to ask you," I finally mumbled, and he slowly looked over at me.

"What is it?"

"Um, I want you to-," I broke off, my wits deflating and sighed, before looking up at him.  Using one finger to tap my lips, I decided to use sign language instead, hoping he would understand what I meant.  His eyes widened.  My cheeks warmed.  Oh, he understood all too well.

"Are you sure?" he asked slowly, and I nodded, folding my hands behind my back and fiddling with my fingers.

"I noticed that the two times you kissed me was without permission," he blushed at that, "and I never really took the time to notice if I liked it or not, so," I cleared my throat and tucked a stray strand of red hair behind my ear, "I was wondering if you would do it again, only this time with my permission."  My face was burning by the time I was done talking, and stared down at my feet in embarrassment.

"Of course, Gwen," he mumbled quietly, and I peered up at him through my lashes.

Elliot cupped my chin and gently lifted my head so that I was staring straight into his eyes as he slowly leaned forward.  I closed my eyes, preparing myself for what was to come, and instead felt his hands grip my exposed waist, gliding his fingers gently down my bare sides.  I inhaled sharply and clutched tightly onto his forearms, his biceps bulging through his thin white button-up from last night, and I glided my hands upwards, for some reason wanting to feel more, when his lips landed on mine.  They were rough at first, but then slowly became gentle, merely brushing his lips against mine in what seemed to be a teasing way.