7. Chasing the Beat of My Heart

A/N: Song above is 'Chasing the Beat of My Heart' by Ross Lynch in the Nightcore version :3

Image above is roughly how I imagine Rian, with the exception of his mismatched eyes :)

*~*

"With a whirl and twirl, I command the wind to flow.  Sanatio Airo!" I cast the whirlwind Spell, but it took a lot of concentration on my part and I felt myself start to struggle, the hand holding my wand beginning to shake.

"Focus your magic into the whirlwind, picture it's size in the palm of your hand, and then make it grow," Elliot instructed me, and I collapsed to my knees, the Magical energy wearing on me as I gasped for breath.  The whirlwind dispersed.  Sighing, Elliot closed the book he had brought out to the Courtyard with him.  "This could take a while," he mumbled, and rubbed his temples soothingly.

I glared up at him.  "Sorry I'm such a disappointment," I muttered, and tried standing up on my feet rather shakily, Ace looking up at me worriedly.  "I'm fine, Ace, just a little tired is all," I smiled down at him in reassurance.

"Are you sure, Big Sis?" Ace flew up to nuzzle my cheek affectionately, and I patted his furry black-and-blue head in return.

"I'm sure."  I nodded just to ease his worries, before he floated back down to the ground, continuing to watch me practice my Magic.

"You're holding your wand wrong."

I raised an eyebrow at my Buddy.  "Is there even such a way to hold your wand correctly?"  Rolling his bright blue eyes, he gently placed the Spell book on the ground before moving to stand behind me, gripping my arms as he did.  My face began to warm.  "Hey, what are you-"

"I'm just showing you how to hold your wand the right way."  His large warm hand closed around mine that held my wand, and I could feel his defined chest through his clothes pressing into my partially bare back.  I gulped roughly as Ace giggled at my feet.  I shot him a small glare.  "Now try casting the Spell again, but close your eyes this time."  I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes, feeling his other hand rest gently on my waist.  Funny thing is, the burn he had given me healed up since yesterday.  I didn't feel anymore pain.  I guess I owed it to him for that Spell he used on me yesterday.

I smiled softly and leaned slightly against him, feeling his hands tighten on both my waist and arm.  "With a whirl and twirl, I command the wind to flow.  Sanatio Airo!"  I felt a strong breeze blow by, ruffling my long red hair that I had left in it's natural curls this morning, and focused my Magic solely on the whirlwind.  Although it was rather difficult to do considering I could feel Elliot pressing closer and closer to me.  I gasped suddenly as my knees shook, my focus waning as the whirlwind diminished once again.  I spun on him angrily, glaring up at him.  "What the hell was that for!?" I bellowed, and shoved him away from me.

He raised an eyebrow and placed a hand on his hip idly.  "I was merely testing how far your focus could go."

My cheeks burned.  "You-you-," I groaned and stomped on his foot, causing him to hop around once again as he yelped at the impact.  "Pervert!"

Elliot stopped hopping and looked away from me then, but I noticed the tips of his ears were red.  "I am no such thing."

I rolled my eyes.  "You said the same thing last time when you saw my underwear," I spat, and his blue eyes widened as he hastily tried to cover my mouth from saying anymore.  I protested from beneath his large hand, and even went as far as licking his palm.

He stared down at me.  "Did you just lick me?"  I grinned victoriously beneath his hand as he rolled his eyes.

I moved to take a step back, hearing a small giggle at my feet just as I tripped, falling backwards onto the Courtyard grass as Elliot tried to catch me, only he fell as well due to his hand covering my mouth and his arm cradling my waist.  I stared up at Elliot who was now lying over me, his lips hovering directly over his hand that still covered my own.  My cheeks flamed.  "Uh, I didn't-I mean-you were-I just-," he stammered, his own cheeks turning a light shade of pink as I gently lifted my hand to take his off over my mouth, but he gripped it tightly within his grasp.  He didn't seem to notice what he did as he held my fingers within his palm, simply staring down at me in embarrassment.