13. Illuminated

A/N: Cross over ;D And yes, this means at this point you may begin reading 'Frostbitten' :P Hope you all enjoy ^.^

Song above is 'Illuminated' by Hurts in the Nightcore version :3

*~*

It was another week before me and Elliot were officially transferred to Rich Dragon Magic Academy.  I was sad to leave my friends behind, especially with Rian not standing up for himself, but Ari promised me he'd look after him after he told me all I needed to know about this Ice Girl.  I don't know what I would do without him now.  Ash was a whole other story.  She refused to let me leave, even going as far as locking me in our own Dorm and her sitting on the floor in front of it like a crazy guard.  I had only laughed at her, but sat down across from her so that we could talk.  We ended up staying there the entire day.

We decided to leave on a Friday right after school let out, boarding the Train with our Familiars.  Ace was excited to see this new school, and he kept hopping about my shoulder and flapping his tiny wings rapidly.  Elliot had only shook his head at him, me laughing the entire time.  Bermuda was perched on the luggage carrier above our heads, mainly sleeping the entire way.  It was assumed, I guess, considering she was an Owl and all.

Once the Train finally stopped after six hours of sitting on very uncomfortable seats--although I couldn't complain when I had apparently fallen asleep in Elliot's lap at some point in time--and stretched my arms above my head as the doors opened.  Ace bolted for them straight away.  "Ace!" I called hysterically, and ran after him, keeping my eyes on the little black-and-blue ball of fur as I hurried to catch up with him, not watching where I was going as I bumped into something and fell flat on the ground.  "Ouch," I muttered, and looked up to see a brunette girl lying on the ground opposite me.

"What the Mage?" she mumbled, and blinked her bright blue eyes as she sat up.

"I'm so sorry!  I was chasing after my Familiar and didn't see where I was going!  I'm really sorry!" I hurriedly apologized, and the girl narrowed her eyes at me, her gaze cold.

"Who the Mage are you?" the girl questioned with a frown, and I blinked in surprise.  Well, she was rude.

"Gwen!  I told you not to run off," I glanced over my shoulder to see Elliot getting off the Train, Bermuda flying off somewhere from behind him.  He held out a hand for me, and I took it as he helped me to my feet.  I dusted off my skirt as another voice sounded from in front of us.

"Aura!  Are you alright?" a boy--maybe around my age--rushed up to aide the girl with a hand held out for her, but she flinched at the sight of it before swatting it away and picking herself up off the ground.  I frowned.  What was wrong with this girl's attitude?  "That was very rude, Aura.  You should apologize," the blonde boy reprimanded the girl--Aura--with narrowed chocolate brown eyes.

"You don't get the right to order me around," Aura sneered up at the boy, and I blinked in astonishment.  Wow.  She was aggressive.  Aura glanced back over at me and Elliot.  "So who the Mage are you guys and what are you doing here at Rich Dragon Academy?"

"Oh!" I tried going for optimism with this girl.  "I'm Gwen Gardens, nice to meet you," I held out my hand for her to shake, but she ignored it.  I slowly dropped my hand back down to my side awkwardly, clearing my throat as I did.  "Um, I'm gonna go find Ace," I mumbled, directing a finger over Aura's shoulder to which my Familiar went, and took off without another word.  I sighed once I was around the building, Elliot and the other two Rich Dragon students' voices drowning out as I ignored them and continued to search for Ace.  "Ace!" I hissed, calling for him and looking around.  "Where are you?"