11. Truth or Dare

A/N: Finally felt inspired ;)

Song above is 'Truth or Dare' by Emily Osment in the Nightcore version :P

*~*

The next day--it now being Sunday--me and Elliot returned to school, him changing his hair back to blonde so that no one would know his true heritage, but I did make him promise to lose the facade when we were together, and he conceded.  Ace kept teasing me on the Train the entire way back since me and Elliot had sat next to each other while holding hands.  I had merely ignored him, though.

Elliot walked me to the Girls' Dorm once we got off the Train, claiming he didn't want any of the Chimeras in the Enchanted Forest to eat me.  I found it cute that he could come up with the lamest excuses just to be with me.  I let him walk me nonetheless.  I stood before the door and turned to him.  "Well, I guess tomorrow counts as our first day together?" I asked unsurely, not sure if today would count as our first official day as a couple.  I blushed at that fact.

Elliot tucked a piece of my long red hair behind my ear, and cradled my cheek in his palm.  "If you want it to be."  His thumb rubbed soothing patterns on my cheekbone.  I kissed his palm, and he smiled.  "I'm glad you're becoming so at ease being like this with me."

I blushed, and looked down at the ground.  "Well, I'm supposed to, right?  That's what couples do, don't they?"

Elliot smiled softly and nodded, before kissing my forehead.  "Goodnight, Gwen."

I smiled up at him.  "Goodnight, Elliot."

After going our separate ways and making my way up the stairs and into my Dorm Room, I was instantly tackled in a hug by my lunatic-of-a-roommate.  "Gwen!  Where have you been!?  What happened?  Did you find him?" Ash shot question after question, and I chuckled.

"Actually, you won't believe what happened," I mumbled, and told her everything.

"No.  Way," Ash blinked at me, green eyes widening in surprise.

I bit my lip and nodded while fiddling with my fingers.  "Yes way."

"Oh my Mage!  You have a boyfriend!  And it's the Prefect!" Ash squealed while jumping up and down.  "Wait till everyone hears about this!  Prefect Eli finally fulfilled his promise!"

I tried to calm my roommate's excitement down.  "I don't want anyone to know about us just yet, okay?  Can you keep it a secret for now?  You're the only person I've told about us."

"Are you kidding?  Of course I'll keep it a secret for you!  Granted, people would flip if they knew, but still, if that's what you want, then fine.  I'll keep my mouth shut," Ash made a miming of locking her lips and throwing away the key.

I giggled and smiled at my best friend.  "Thanks, Ash."  I pulled her into a tight hug, Ace finally flying from my shoulder and to my bed where he curled up on my pillow to take a nap.  "Well, we have school tomorrow, so we should get some sleep."  I headed over to my dresser and changed into my pajama's before crawling into bed.  "Goodnight, Ash."

"Goodnight, Gwen."  Ash turned off the light with her wand then, and turned on her side.

I stroked Ace's tail to help me fall asleep, but I still couldn't shake that feeling of dread from within my gut.  I wonder how tomorrow was going to play out?

~+~

The first thing I noticed when I walked into class was that Rian was being assaulted with Magic Messages floating around him, each spewing one insult after the next.  My blood boiled.  I hastily walked up to him and grabbed at the floating papers, ripping them into shreds before punching Rian in the forearm.  "Ow!" he cried out, and cradled his arm before looking up at me with his mismatched eyes that widened at the sight of me.  "Oh, Gwen, um, I was gonna do something about that," he muttered, and looked down at his desk in shame.