3. Headphones

A/N: Thought this would be funny to add xP

Song above is 'Headphones' by Britt Nicole :3

Image above is roughly how I imagine Ashlynn (Ash) Betta :P

*~*

I walked to class with my head down, my silver cloak flowing behind me in the gentle breeze.  I hugged my books to my chest tightly, my heart pounding with hurt and fear after what had occurred in the Headmaster's Office only mere moments ago.  My mind wandered back to the fight that had ensued afterwards.

"Headmaster Randolph, is there any way to get out of having a Buddy?" Prefect Eli asked, and I merely stared at him.  He didn't want to be Buddies with me that badly?

Headmaster Randolph looked grim as he stared down at Prefect Eli.  "I'm afraid there isn't.  You, better than anyone in the Academy should know this, Eli."

Prefect Eli gave a curt nod.  "Will you please excuse me then?"  Without another word, Prefect Eli draped his cloak back over his shoulders, and left the Headmaster's Office.  I stood there dumbfounded, my hands cradling my own cloak to my chest, my heart pounding rapidly in my rib cage.  I was hurt.  I mean, I knew he was a jerk and all, but I would do my very best as his Buddy.  He had to know that.

I turned back to the Headmaster, and bowed my head.  "I'm sorry, Headmaster.  Please excuse me as well."

Headmaster Randolph merely nodded as the man with silvery-white hair pulled back in a ponytail stepped forward.  "I expect to see you in class later today, Miss Gardens, as you are now one of my students."

I blinked.  "You're a Professor?"

The man with silver hair nodded. "Yes, Professor Ivangard, to you."

I nodded mutely and bowed my head once more, before rushing out of the Headmaster's Office, pulling my cloak back over my shoulders as I did.  "Prefect Eli!" I shouted out, hurrying to catch up with him.  Why did this school have to be so big!?  I turned a corner, and finally saw him rushing away into the main building, so quickly ran after him.  "Prefect Eli!"  Since I had been running at such a fast pace, when I tried to stop, I ended up crashing into his side, my arms clinging onto him for support.

"What do you think you're doing, you bulldozer!?" Prefect Eli cried out, having almost lost his balance due to my clumsiness, and I frowned up at him.

"I'll do my best!"  He blinked down at me, confused.  My cheeks began to flame, but I kept talking, "I know you don't want to be Buddies with me, and I get that.  I wouldn't want to be Buddies with me, either.  But I just want you to know, that I will do my very best to earn your respect as your Buddy.  I'll study hard, I'll stay after class to practice, I'll even-"

"Just stop."  I blinked, my grip loosening on his uniform sleeve as he yanked his arm away from me, subtly fixing his tie as he did.  "I don't care what you do.  You may be my Buddy, but you will never be my friend and someone I respect."  I dropped my arms down to my sides, his cold blue eyes devoid of any emotion but anger.  "Now just get lost, amateur."

I tightened my hold on my books and sighed softly.  He was so cruel to me. . .I actually wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't the only one he acted like that with, Buddy or not.  I sighed once again, and continued following the Map that was laid out across my books that I still held in my arms, looking for my Home Room.  The door was wide open when I arrived, and there were already several students milling about the desks, whispering to each other quietly as I looked around nervously for a place to sit.  I noticed someone sitting in the back corner all by himself, the other desks around him empty of any students, and couldn't help but wonder why.  I mentally shrugged, and took a deep breath before heading towards the boy in the back of the class.  I slowly took a seat beside him, but he didn't seem to notice my presence, and I sighed.