8. Hurt

A/N: New character ;P And I may have over-dramatized the ending of the last chapter a bit o.o Just saying xD

Song above is 'Hurt' by Christina Aguilera :)

Image above is roughly how I imagine Arios (Ari) Mavel xP

*~* 

The following day--which happened to be a Sunday--Ash and I decided to stay in the Dorms and have a girl's night filled with watching movies, eating sweets, and having a pillow fight.  It was the most fun I ever had with a girl my age.  The following Monday, though, I was so afraid of running into Elliot that Ash suggested we just skip class and stay in the Dorms all day.  I knew I couldn't do that, though.  I was still a new student, and I was actually afraid of skipping class.  So that was out of the question.

Ace accompanied me to class for the first time, though, so I suppose that was an upside.  Although what I didn't know is that I was in for two surprises this morning.  One; As soon as I walked into the classroom and waved over at Rian in the back, it was then I noticed Professor Ivangard wasn't in class, and saw Elliot standing at the front of the room instead, taking over for the Professor once again, as was his duty for being Prefect.  Two; There was a stranger talking with Rian.

I didn't recognize him from before, and since the back of his blonde head was faced towards me, I couldn't see his face.  I blatantly ignored Elliot while heading to the back where Rian finally took notice of me and waved me over.  "Hey, Gwen, we have another new student," Rian gestured up at the guy next to him, who turned to face me then.  I stared.  "This is-"

"Ari?" I breathed, nearly dropping my messenger bag in shock.  It was him.  It was really him.  I squealed then and jumped into his open arms as he laughed and spun me around.

"Wow, I didn't expect you to look so grown up after all these years," Ari chuckled after he had set me back down on the ground.

I punched his arm, the smile never leaving my face.  "Yeah, right!  It's been, what, five years?  I can't believe you're really here!"  I hugged him tightly again as he squeezed me back.

"You guys know each other?" Rian looked between the two of us curiously.

I grinned over at him once I had pulled away from Ari's and my embrace.  "Of course!  We grew up together!" I beamed.

Ari chuckled and gripped my hand in his, giving it a light squeeze.  "Well, that was until I moved away a couple years ago.  Speaking of," Ari turned to me then with his bright green eyes, "I heard about your parents."  His eyes were filled with sadness.  "I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you, Gwendyl."

I smiled at the nickname he used to call me when we were kids.  "It's fine, Ari.  I managed on my own.  I mean, I'm here now, right?" I grinned widely up at him, and he smiled.

"Yeah, you are."

A clearing of a throat behind me caused both of us to look up.  Elliot stood with a frown directed over at Ari and our hands.  "I assume you are the new transfer student?"

I frowned and looked up at my childhood friend.  "Transfer student?"

Ari nodded down at me.  "Yeah, I've actually been attending Rich Dragon Academy, but I figured a new school would be the best way to go this year."  He shrugged.  "And so here I am."

I smiled.  "Well, I'm glad you are, Ari."

Ari chuckled, and looked back up at Elliot.  "I'm Arios Mavel, nice to meet you."  Ari held out his free hand for Elliot to shake, who took it rather hesitantly, his bright blue eyes not leaving mine and Ari's clutched hands.  I frowned up at him.