2. Broken Ones

A/N: Song above is 'Broken Ones' by Jacquie Lee :)

Image above is roughly how I imagine Gwen :3

*~*

I quickly parted my bright red mane of hair and twisted the split sections into braids, tying them off at the ends before draping my cloak over my shoulders, being sure to check that my school emblem was still pinned to the left breast of my uniform. I exhaled deeply while looking myself over in the mirror. "I'm sure you'll do fine," Ash said from behind me, having already gotten ready earlier this morning since she helps out with the breakfast buffet to feed the students.

I fiddled with my fingers. "What if I don't make a good impression?"

Ash looked over at me with sympathy in her bright green eyes. "Then you'll know who truly wants to be friends with you."

I sighed and plopped down on my bed. It was finally morning, and I was extremely nervous for my first day of class. And what's more, Ashlynn and I weren't even in the same class, so I wouldn't know anyone at all. I think that's what scared me the most. After making our way downstairs, Ash and I had just exited the Dorms when we noticed a crowd had gathered near the corner of the building. "What's going on?" I asked, while trying to peer over everyone's heads on my tip-toes, but to no avail.

"I don't know," Ash frowned, and we both hurried to get a closer look at what everyone was staring at.

A group of girls in front of us were swooning and giggling like crazy that it was ridiculous, and I simply had to roll my eyes at them. "Gosh, isn't he just the cutest!?" one of them whispered.

"I know! I'm surprised he's not seeing anyone!" another said.

"I heard it's because he's waiting to devote himself to his Buddy once he gets one," the last one proclaimed, and I frowned. Buddy? What did that mean?

"Hey, Ash?" I turned to my roommate for answers.

"Yeah?" she answered distractedly, still trying to see what had caught everybody's attention.

"What's a Bu-," I began, but never got to finish.

"Gardens."

I jumped at the sound of my last name, and quickly turned towards the center of the crowd, only to find Sir Prefect headed straight for me. I immediately held a sour face at the memory of how he had acted towards me last night. He was just so rude and obnoxious, anyone would get mad! "Yes, Sir Prefect?" I asked sarcastically, and he merely raised a blond brow at me in turn. I folded my arms and gestured with one hand for him to continue.

Sir Prefect cleared his throat then, deep blue eyes void of any emotion. "I am to escort you to the Headmaster's Office."

I stiffened. The Headmaster? What was I needed there for? I gulped roughly, and asked, "Why do I-," Without letting me complete my sentence, Sir Prefect took a hold of my wrist and yanked me after him as he began heading for the Main building.

"Hey, Gwen-!" Ash called after me in confusion, and I looked back at her.

"I'll talk to you later!" I managed to get out, before hurriedly tripping over my own two left feet in order to keep up with Sir Prefect. I was actually starting to wonder what his name was now. "Hey! I can walk just fine on my own, you know!" I shouted angrily with narrowed eyes, and Sir Prefect merely rolled his cerulean blue eyes at me. "You know, for a Prefect, you're not very respectful."

Sir Prefect stopped mid-stride then, causing me to bump straight into his back since he was still gripping my arm tightly. His grip only tightened more as he turned to glare down at me. I shivered in fear. Uh-oh. "And what would you know about respect, amateur?" he sneered, and I glared. That's it.