17. Fight Song

A/N: Because there is so much action happening, I am splitting this chapter in two, maybe three ._. Depends on how I feel xP So I guess that's a plus? xD

And also because I made a deal with a certain someone to update this ;P

Song above is 'Fight Song' by Rachel Platten :)

*~*

It's been two weeks since me and Elliot have come to Rich Dragon, and now we were in trouble.  Just recently, Elliot's Spell went off.  I had run into the Headmaster on my way to retrieve Ace--who had for some reason decided to hole himself up in the room while we were here--when clumsy me dropped all my papers and books in the hallway.  I had bent down to pick them all up when a pair of shoes were in the edge of my vision, and I slowly lifted my gray-eyed gaze to see the Headmaster kneel down to help me pick up my belongings.

"Having trouble there?" he asked, and I swallowed roughly at the sight of his dark brown eyes.  They seemed devoid of life.

I shook my head and forced a smile.  "Not really, just hurrying to the Dorm is all."

"Yes, I recently heard from the Dorm Mother that you moved in with Aura Dale?"  He continued gathering up my papers, his eyes not leaving mine.  I was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"Um, yes.  I hope that's not a bother," I lowered my gaze while mumbling my words and hastily stood up once he handed me back my papers.

He grinned, but I had a feeling it was forced.  "No bother."

I bowed my head in acknowledgement, excusing myself from further conversation, and hastily walked around him when I felt his hand pull at my shoulder suddenly.  That's when it happened.  The flames ignited like a small spark and then rapidly engulfed the Headmaster's entire right hand, charring it black to the point no healing Spells of any kind could cure it.  The Headmaster cursed loudly and severely as I stared at the faint fiery orb surrounding me in that moment before it was gone just as quickly.  I blinked.  Elliot really outdid himself.  I glimpsed the Headmaster clutching his burnt hand, before I then had the smart idea to run away from the scene.  Well, there goes subtlety.

I found myself headed to a room that resembled that of Elliot's Office back at Brickstone, which Hunter let the two of us borrow from time to time.  It was where I currently met up with Elliot and began forming a plan on how to save Aura.  Elliot was sure it would work, and that it might just awaken the Tamer within me that will free my sister from this dreadful Curse.

There was no way I was leaving her behind when we leave back to Brickstone.  I planned on bringing her back with me.

~+~

The next day, Elliot and I initiated our plan.  First, we had to free Sonata.  After telling Elliot that she was chained to the wall beside the Headmaster's desk, he came up with a solution.  If he can get a private meeting with Headmaster Harold concerning the 'unity of their schools' outside of his Office, then I could creep up on the wall that was restraining Sonata by using a Transparent Spell Elliot taught me that will allow me to phase through walls like a ghost--it also made the user invisible for a short period of time, so that was an upside.  After casting the use of the Spell, I can travel into the wall and use my Magic that was directed solely to animals to free Sonata of her chains, allowing her the freedom of finding her Wizardess.  We just couldn't tell Aura about any of this or else she would never let me leave the Dorm room again.

So time to put Phase One into action.

After Elliot managed to grab a meeting in the Auditorium with the Headmaster, I used the Transparent Spell--granted, it took a few times for me to actually get it right--before I walked easily through the thick stone walls and found the end of the chain embedded in said stone.  Focusing my Magic on Sonata and freeing her, the Spell came easily as the words flowed out through my mouth, "Chains that bind and tither, now you will rust and wither.  Metalia Grom!" I cast the Spell and the chains immediately began to disintegrate from rust and rapid age until one good hard kick snapped them out of place.  Walking into the Headmaster's empty Office, I found Sonata staring at her broken chains in awe, and I hurriedly grabbed onto the wretched collar that was still around her neck.  This allowed her to see me and for her to become invisible as well.