Chapter Eight~Projection pt. 1

"So what is going to happen?" I ask as I finish packing up everything from my old room.

Luckily the Trudel's haven't come back and  I've been able to pack up quickly.

"Well, you know that you're my mate, and mates are made to comfort and love and care for each other. I want to take you back to California where you can finally meet all of your real family. I could tell that you've seen them before but where and how?" Zander asks holding my close and I can't help but lose my breath at his touch. This is the first time we've actually touched.

"It's called imprinting, what just happened. The first time mates touch it's what happens." He smiles at me.

"I remember seeing them in dreams. Talking to Sophia and just catching glimpses of my real parents and Donovan." I answer.

"Sophia doesn't have that kind of projection power. No witch has in thousands of years." He says under his breath.

"What does that mean?" I question.

"I'm not sure." He tells me. "But we'll figure it out."

I nod my head and finish packing. Zander and I walk out of my house and get in a car where I see Donovan and another guy sitting in the back.

"We don't tell you parents or anyone. I want Carmen to be a surprise." Zander says leaning over and kissing my forehead.

My life is going to change so much now. I have no idea is this is going to benefit me in any bit but I have to get to know my real family. I've seen them in dreams which according to Zander is part of some projection power that I have.

As we drive to the airport I see many other cars following behind us, probably with other pack members.

We arrive at the airport and board the jet that Donovan's grandparents own, we make our way to California where I'll finally get to know my real family.

~*~

"Carmen?" I hear a voice that I haven't heard in a long while.

Sophia's Voice.

"Is that really you?" She asks getting closer.

"Yeah, it's me Sophia. It's been a long time." I smile at her.

"It's been almost three years!" She says embracing me in a hug.

"Yeah. That's about the time when I started taking sleeping meds." I say under my breath.

The Trudel's became concerned because I was talking about Sophia when I would wake up because it felt so real which I now know it is. However I think that Sophia still thinks it a dream.
The pills put me into a deep sleep where I didn't dream. Which in turn didn't allow me to use my projection power to go into Sophia's dreams.

"I wish you were real Carmen. I wish I could have my baby sister back with the family. I don't even know if this is what you really look like." She says with a sigh.

Little does she know that this isn't just a dream. That it's really me and that I'll be back with my real family very soon.

"You'll see me very soon. I promise you that." I smile and with that, I wake up.

~*~

"Carmen, baby please wake up." Zander's voice rings through my head and I let my eyes slowly flutter open.

"How did you sleep?" Donovan says from the other side of the jet.

"Okay, I didn't know I was even that tired." I yawn.

"Using magic makes you tired." Zander says.

"I see." I nod as if he had asked a question.

"We're in California. Are you ready to meet your biological family?" Zander asks.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So, what do you think? Sorry it's late and I'm just updating now but I've had work to do on the farm today so yeah. Tell me what you think!!

Thanks and don't forget to vote!

Xoxo
-Maddie