Chapter Six~What's Real and What's A Lie?

"What do you mean, tell me what and who I really am. I know who I am. I'm Carmen Trudel. What is going on?" I ask frantically as I look around the diner and see the boys all still frozen.

"Why don't you sit down and I'll explain everything." She says.

I nod my head slowly and sit down at one of the bar stools.

"Carmen, you aren't really who you think. Your parents aren't really your parents. They kidnapped you from your real parents the day after you were born. Your family, your biological family is from California and that is why those boys all recognize you, you are the Alpha Blake's youngest and you bare an amazing likeness to your biological older sister Sophia. You are a werewolf and a witch, more a witch though. I am your guardian angel sent down by the moon goddess to protect you and tell you all of this when the time comes."

"No! You're lying!" I shout.

"Then how do you explain how you froze all of them!" She says.

"I-I don't know, I'm dreaming that has to be it! My parents would never hurt a fly!" I tell her.

"Have you forgotten that your father is cheating on your mother?" She says like its nothing new.

This can't be true! My parents could never do something that would hurt someone else. What do I do if it's actually true? It can't be can it? I mean werewolves and witches aren't real and neither are guardian Angels!

"How do I unfreeze them?" I ask cautiously.

"You have to want to unfreeze them. Oh and you should really know something about a few of the boys before you unfreeze them." She says and pauses.

"What do you need me to know?" I ask slowly.

"Your biological brother is Donovan, that's why he made the connection between you and Sophia. Sophia is back in California. You have a mate. One form Cali which is why the Cali boys stated growling because they know that you are the mate to their Beta, Zander." Fay explains.

"Wait, so mates are real? This can't be true those things are only in fairytales!" I freak out.

I need to calm down. I just froze these people and this isn't a dream, I know, I pinched myself.

I take a deep breath and breath in and out. Keep calm and keep your mind focused.

I want them to unfreeze.

I open my eyes and I see that they are all unfrozen and looking right at Fay and I.

"Angel." Tyler growls.

"Alpha Mutt." Fay says bowing her head with hate laced in her voice.

"What are you doing here?" Tyler snarls at Fay.

"I'm here on a date with a friend and you know as well as I do that I'm Carmen's guardian." She snaps at him.

"You can't just leave well enough alone can you? I suppose you froze us in order to tell Carmen everything. Including that I'm her mate." Tyler says smiling at me.

Growls come from every Californian in this diner and I jump back behind Fay. Maybe all these things are real but if that is than I have to face reality...

I'm not who I think I am.

"I'm her mate!" The person I recognize as Zander shouts and I can't help but feel a strong pull towards him.

"You may be her mate but I'm her arranged mate. The Trudel's promised her to me." Tyler says calmly.

"What!" Zander and I both growl.

"That's why everyone hates my guts? Because I'm arranged to be with you?" I growl at him.

"Carmen, you know we're meant to be together! Please, come to me." Tyler says holding his arms open.

I breath. I can't get with him. I can feel in my heart that Fay and Zander are both telling the truth 100%.

"I'm sorry Tyler, I can't. I'm going to go to California. I need to know who I really am." I tell him.

"You will regret that Carmen. Watch your back." He growls at me and him and everyone else retreat from the diner.

I turn on my heels to face Zander and everyone else.

Wish me luck.

~*~

I'm almost at 1000 reads! Oh my god!

You guys are amazing and sorry I didn't update earlier today I've just been dealing with some family stuff.

I hope you liked this chapter and tell me what you think! Don't forget to vote!

Xoxo
-Maddie