Chapter Three~Boys From California

"Wake!" I hear Fay's voice yell and then something hit me in the face.

"Up!" She yells again and hits me again with what I assume is a pillow.

I groan and let my eyes flutter open.

"Did you really have to hit me with a pillow?" I ask.

"Yup." She says, popping the P.

I roll my eyes at my crazy ass best friend and slowly work on getting myself out of bed. As soon as I get on my feel I walk into the bathroom I have attached to my room and brush my unruly hair and my teeth. I have to work today from noon to seven and it's already 10:12am. Wow, I really slept in. No wonder Fay was hitting me with a pillow.

As I finish getting ready for the day I walk out of the bathroom and see Fay lying on the bed reading some gossip magazine.

"So are you ready for your date tonight?" I ask, making her jump and fall off the bed.

I try my best to stop my laugh but I can't help it.

A best friend will always help you up when you fall, after they finish laughing.

"Haha yeah, very funny." She chuckles.

Fay gets up off the ground and then we work in getting her fully ready for her date tonight.

~*~

"Hey sweet potato." The cook calls out to me as I enter the small diner where I work.

"Hey big Len. How's they day been so far?" I ask as I hand my coat up and put on my serving apron.

"None eventful. There were some families in this morning though." He says.

I look around the diner and I don't see many people. It's not that this diner is bad it's just really retro. Now and then we'll have big crowds come flooding in, like after a football game or something. We serve extremely great food here and it's a shame not many people know about it.

There just happens to be a football game tonight against my school and some school from California. Ill have to serve both sides and that will be extremely odd and uncomfortable.

I look over at the clock on the wall above the door. 

12:30pm

Well, the game ends at five so I have time to chill unless they come in before the game for like a pre game dinner type of thing. But they usually come back after games to eat a whole tonne more.

I hear the bell on the door ring and I turn my attention to three guys who I've never seen before.

"What can I get you three?" I ask as they sit down at the counter on the bar stools.

"Just came by to check this place out. It's pretty cool. What do you serve here?" One of the guys asks.

I slide them down a menu and watch as they read it. Generally, I'm a social butterfly. I adore talking to new people it's actually so much fun.

"So are you boys here for the football game tonight?" I ask.

"Yeah we're from Summerfield Academy." One of the boys answers.

I can feel the one boy who hasn't talked staring at me and studying me.

"What's his problem?" I ask the other two and they just shrug.

"Blake, man." The guy sitting in the middle says as he lightly hits the one staring at me in the arm.

"What? Sorry." He says jumping out of his trance.

I look at the boys face which I can how see clearly. To be honest he kinda looks like me. We have the same redish brown hair, brown eyes, and nose that if I would have just taken one glance and not known either of us, I would say we're siblings.

"She looks so much like Sophia, they could be twins even." The boy says.

Sophia? That name sounds kinda familiar. Maybe a dream or something.

"Hey sweet potato, happy birthday by the way." Big Len shouts out and the boys all snap their heads in my direction.

"It's your birthday?" One of them asks.

"Yeah." I reply

"How old?" That Blake boy asks.

"Seventeen." I answer and he gets a clouded look in his eyes.

The three boys begin to whisper among themselves and I go back to serving the other, and very few, customers left in the diner.

I turn around to see the boys have left the diner.

Wonder where they went and what spooked them off. It's almost like they saw a ghost or something.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So I thought you guys may want another chapter today:)

It's been two days since I started this book and I'm already at 81 reads. Thank you all so much.

Now, what I'm going to do is update this book or at least try my best to every Wednesday. There will be weeks where I don't update at all cuz I have a very busy summer ahead of me but there will also be weeks where I update twice to make up for the missed week.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter:)

Xoxo
-Maddie