Chapter One~School and Work

"Carmen!" My best friends voice echoes in the halls of the school.

I turn on my heel to face Fay, my best friend of five years.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" She questions.

What's tomorrow? Wait, what's today? Wow, I'm so tired that I can't even remember what day it is today. It's a total wonder how I'm passing all my AP classes.

"Are you playing or are you really that stupid?" She questions jokingly.

"I'm sorry! I'm just extremely tired and distracted. I don't know why." I tell her as we walk down the halls towards our lockers.

"Well, since your dumb mind can't remember," she chuckles, "tomorrow's your birthday. Seventeenth to be exact and you promised me you'd go on a double date with Matt and I." She says and I highly remember the conversation I had with her about this double date.

"Actually I do recall telling you I was working on my birthday so I'll be waitressing your date. I don't have a date and I won't have one until I'm completely ready to have another boyfriend." I tell her.

"Damn, thought you would have forgotten all that by now." She sighs.

"Yeah well I'm pretty sure I would have remembered to agreeing to something that goes against all my beliefs as a whole." I chuckle as I open my locker.

I grab my bag and shove my English and Spanish homework in. I have two very big tests coming up and I need need need to study for. I can not fail either of these tests or I have a feeling I'll fail the course and I really don't want to spend an extra year in this god forsaken high school.

"Am I spending the night?" Fay asks as we walk to my car.

"Well that's the plan." I smile and yawn.

"Wow, you really are tired aren't you." Fay chuckles as we exit the school.

I chuckle and nod my head. Honestly I don't know how I can get this tired. It's a total mystery to me.

~*~

"He was totally checking you out today a lunch." Fay says as we sit on the floor of my room.

"He was not! Why would the hottest guy in school and the most popular one too at that, be interested in a normal girl like me?" I ask her.

"Well you're a smoking hot babe for one." She says and winks jokingly.

"Nah Hun, that would be you." I say and we both burst out laughing.

I hear a knock at the door and I sigh to myself as I get up of my bedroom floor and make my way to the front door.

"Hello?" I say as I answer the door.

"Would Mr. Trudel be home?" The woman asks.

"No, sorry, my father isn't home." I tell them woman and I can sense that Fay has come up behind me.

"Who are you?" Fay asks.

"I am one of Mr. Trudel's clients. I was suppose to meet with him today to discus some...private matters and he never showed up." She tell us.

"Well, my father isn't here and I'm sure that he'll get to you when he has the chance. Goodbye now."  I say slamming the door in the woman's face.

"Was it just me or did it sound like that woman was implying that you dad was in a kinda relationship type thing with her." Fay says as we move back to my bedroom.

"No, that can't be true. My father isn't a bad guy! He could never hurt a fly let alone cheat on my mother with some skank of a whore." I deny.

My father would never do anything like that! He became a lawyer because he wanted to put the bad people like rapist, assultists and kidnappers away for life.  He would never do anything that would cause someone hurt.

"Are you sure? Because it sounded like she was trying to imply that and she had some very...noticeable clothes on." She points out.

God, I don't know what to think. Could my father, the same man who I love and the same man that raised me since I was little, possibly be cheating on my mother, the woman who he's married to?

"I say we forget about this and just do some of the studying we were planning on doing." Fay says changing the subject.

"Yeah, let's do that." I say trying to forget about everything we just talked about.

"I'm sorry I brought that all up." She sighs.

"No, it's okay. I seriously would have thought that same thing if I didn't think so highly of my father." I tell her.

We walk back into my room and sit and lay on the floor with my Spanish study notes.

Time to study and hopefully not fail.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello again!

Finally this book is up and running! I'm so excited about this are you? So I have yet to complete my exam but seeing as how I feel life I'm dying and you wonderful people have got me to 201k reads on the first book in this series, Beta's Sister, Alpha's Mate. I have decided to post this first chapter up tonight.

I hope you all enjoyed it and I would love some feel back!

Thank you all so very much.

Xoxo
-Maddie