Chapter Seven~Grandfather?

"Fay, please tell me I made I made the right choice." I say.

"Your mate is always who you should be with. And I'll be going with you to California. I am your guardian after all." Fay says.

"And what is Matt?" I question seeing that he's still over at the booth.

"He's a wolf he's just not part of any pack. He's a rogue. A good one though." She answers me quickly throwing in the last part.

"So, are you two mates?" I ask.

"Nope just friends." Fay smiles.

I know deep down that she likes this boy but what will happen when he finds his mate? She knows as well as I do, if not better, that you can't take a wolf away from its mate.

"Carmen Ashley Trudel!" I cringe as I hear the bell over the door ring and my 'mother and father' walk in.

"What are you mutts doing here?" Fay snarls at them.

"We came to bring our daughter home and no matter what you have planted in her mind I know that she'll know that we are truly her biological parents." My 'mother' says with a sweet voice.

I can't speak. It's so hard to talk about something I know so little of.

"Look at this Carmen." One of the boys says from behind me and hands me a photo.

I study the photo. I honestly can't believe my eyes. The people in this photo look like people who I've seen before. Especially the girl who looks like she could almost be my twin. I start to think really hard about where I've seen them all before. Finally the answer pops into my head.

"You two are monsters." I cry.

"What are you talking about Carmen?" My 'father' asks trying to move closer but Zander growls and they stay back.

"You-you kidnapped me when I was a baby! You brought me here! I was never your daughter! You are monsters." I scream at them.

"We didn't kidnap you. We bought you from the person who did." They snarl and Zander growls right back at them.

"You bought me!" I snap. "Then who the hell kidnapped me?"

The bell to the door rings again and a man walks in.

"I did. I wanted you deprecated from your biological parents because it affected the person who I wanted to hurt most at the time without actually hurting her so they couldn't point the finger at me." The man says.

"Who are you?" Zander growls, moving in front of me.

"I would be you grandfather. Casey's father." He answers.

"No! My mom said you died! Mom said that you abused her so bad and that Aunt Chloe took her in when she found her and that's how she found dad." Zander yells at him.

"Well as you can see I'm very much alive." He says.

"Why did you do this to Carmen?"

"You know, I am very much surprised that you and Carmen are mates. I know that you aren't technically related as Finley is Chloe's step brother but still. What purpose does the moon goddess have for putting you two together." He says tilting his head.

"Okay, listen up!" I shout. "I don't care who you are and I don't care about your reasons. All I care about at the moment is go to California to see my real mother and father."

"They will never be as good to you as we are to you." The person I use to call my mother says.

"Everyone could be a better mother and father that you two are! You two may not have kidnapped me but you bought me and kept me away from my real family." I scream.

"Carmen, you will not talk to your mother that way!" The person I use to call my father says.

"You're very right Mr. Trudel, I won't talk to my mom that way. But she isn't my mom and you will never be my father. I am leaving tonight and if you try to stop me, you will regret it." I growl.

"Fine! Leave!" Mrs. Trudel says.

"I will."

And with that, I leave the diner with Zander right behind me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Happy Wednesday! How's everyone's Sumer going if you're on summer vacation like I am. I hope you like this update and please don't forget to vote!

Thanks

Xoxo
-Maddie