Chapter Five~Frozen In Time

Haveing both the football teams over and in the diner is never good because it always starts something. The losing team goes crazy or the winning team tries to rub it in the losing teams faces.

I can tell you one thing right now though, I have never been more stressed in my life than I am right now standing between two football teams.

I see Fay motioning for me to come over and I know she knows I'm stressed out severely.

"Breath honey, you'll be fine." She says rubbing me on the back.

"Relax, if these guys try to hurt you then we'll help you out. Don't worry." Matt says with a smile on his face.

"I like you new toy." I chuckle and they both chuckle too.

With that I walk away and back to the tables where my school is sitting. I may have thrown one of them out but they're all assholes in my book.

"What can I get you guys?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"Just two large fries." Brent says and then looks at the floor.

I nod my head and move back into the kitchen where I see Big Len with a big smile plasters across his face.

"You really showed him who's who around here. I'm proud of you sweet potato." He chuckles.

"Thanks you. To be honest it don't take very much strength. I'm stronger than I thought I was." I chuck black.

"So what do they want?"

"Two large fries." I reply.

He hands me the order and before I leave the kitchen I spit in the Frieda the tiniest bit so they won't notice but it's still there. Hope they enjoy their fries.

"Here." I say setting the fries down on the table.

"Thanks." Brent says.

I roll my eyes and walk over to the table with the players for California. Time to become my social butterfly again.

"So, what's it like in California?"I ask as I approach the tables.

"Sunny all the time, it's amazing." One of them answers.

"You remember me and my boys Donovan and Trent." The boy who came in to the diner earlier says.

"Yes but I don't recall receiving a name from you." I say leaning down on the table.

Just as I say that I see mr popular of my school. Tyler O'Harris.

He moves towards me and the many people behind me start to growl.

What are they? Dogs?

"Carmen, I've been looking for you." Tyler says.

"I'm here, every Saturday." I smile at him.

Tyler has always been the nicest of the populars. He's been nice to me for my whole life and before high school, we were even great friends.

"Happy birthday." He smiles and gives me a single rose.

"Oh god Tyler, you haven't gotten me a birthday present in what, five years?" I say as I smell the rose.

I hear a single growl from behind me and I jump back into Tyler's arms as I see what's behind me.

The boy who was earlier checking me out now, instead of the blue eyes he had before, are pitch black as he growls at Tyler and I.

"Tyler..." I say backing up into him and I know that something is about to go down. I glance behind me and see that everyone has gotten up and that now I'm sick in the middle to this fight.

Growling at each other from each sides of me, I feel the tension and from somewhere inside of me things stir and a wave on confidence and adrenaline shoot through my body.

"Stop!" I scream, holding both my hands out towards them boys.

I wave of power suggest through the diner and no one moves. I look around and to me it looks like everyone is frozen.

"What just happened..." I say to myself.

"You froze them." I hear Fay's voice Coke in from behind me.

"What?" I say almost on the beer of tears.

"You froze them. I on the other hand, can't be frozen. I think it's time to tell you what and who you really are."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

SURPRISE!

So I've updated early but don't you worry I'll still update on the day I said I would which I think is Wednesday. So I've don't this cuz i got my report card and I'm a straight A student and I'm so happy. I hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you so much for the 700+ reads!

Xoxo
-Maddie