Chapter 42: Crystals, Flight, and An Old Friend

"Nue, wake up! Wake up!" I heard Iri shout. I groaned in annoyance as I felt her jump up and down on my bed. "Iri, let me sleep." I said, sleepily. "But you have to wake up!" She said, loudly. Why did she sound so excited?

I was in the middle of my afternoon nap. But for some reason, Iri was waking me up. I sighed and sat up, my eyes still closed. "What is it, Iri?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes. I opened my eyes to see that she stopped jumping and landed in front of me.

"Naruto's back, and he brought back the Fifth Hokage!" She informed. "Really?" I asked. "I think you're gonna love her. She's really nice." Iri said. "She?" I repeated, confused. "Yeah, her name is Tsunade. Get dressed. I'll take you to her." She said. 

I got dressed in the outfit I wore in the Chunin Exams, then pulled on my black cloak. Ince I was dressed, Iri and I headed out. "Where is this Tsunade person anyway?" I asked. "Naruto took her to the hospital to heal Sasuke." Iri answered.

When I heard that, I ran to the hospital. "Hey, wait up!" Iri called as she followed me. We went to Sasuke's room and found a woman by his bedside with her hand over his forehead as her hand was glowing green. She took her hand off Sasuke's forehead and his eyes opened before sitting up in the bed.

I sighed in relief and smiled gently while Sakura hugged Sasuke's neck as she began to cry. "Nue-chan! You're here!" Naruto said, happily. "Hey, Naruto." I greeted with a smile. "So you're the Nue that Naruto's been talking about." The woman said.

"That's Tsunade, and the woman next to her is Shizune." Iri whispered to me. This woman is the Fifth Hokage? Her chest is bigger than Maria's! Damn perverted thoughts! I have Kiyoshi to blame for that. I've been spending way too much time around him.

"It's an honor to meet you, Lady Tsunade." I said as I bowed my head, respectfully. "Naruto's told me a lot about you. Including your gift." She mentioned. Gift?! Is she talking about my wings and tails?! I hope not. "Uh... what gift?" I said, nervously.

"I'd like to talk to you later. Can you meet me in the Hokage House in an hour?"

"Yes, of course."

"Great. See you then, Nue Houjuu."

I quickly bowed my head to her, then left the hospital. "So, what do you think of her?" Iri asked as she walked with me. "She seems nice." I said, giving her my opinion. "Oh, I've been meaning to ask you. Who do you like in this village?" Iri asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "I mean, who do you love, I should say?" She asked. I remember when Shikamaru asked me something like that. He seemed a little upset when I told him I loved Naruto. Well, it's more of a sibling love than a boyfriend/girlfriend love. "Um... I'm not sure." I answered. "So, what do you want to do in the meantime?" Iri asked.

"You wanna train?" I suggested.

"Sure! Which technique do you want to go over?" 

"I was thinking about going over a new technique."

"A new technique? Is it a technique you learned from Jiraiya?"

"Not exactly. More like a technique I had all along and never knew."

"I don't get it."

"Follow me."

I grabbed her hand and lead her to the training grounds. "Okay, watch this." I said, taking a couple of steps back. I took a deep breath and did some hand signs. "Dark Style: Black Shadow Clone!" I created a shadow of myself. "Awakening Eyes." I murmured.

Blood red glowing eyes appeared on the shadow's face. "Whoa... So cool! Where did you learn that?" Iri asked. "That's just the thing. I don't know where I learned the jutsu. I just knew how to do it somehow." I said, making my shadow disappear.